when the party's over

narrative 

narrative 

*italics is commentary*

The time was finally here, the day of the Sweet Sixteen matchup between Uconn and Florida State. The game Camille had been dreading for days and even more so with the events of last night. Camille and Paige hadn't talked all day they were so busy with appointments and getting ready for the game that they hadn't had any time to talk about the heated and fierce event that occurred last night. Camille had been sharing a room with Nika and made sure to avoid her as well because the girl knew that the Croatian would know if something happened, purely based on her intuition. 

The Portland crowd was ecstatic, fans cheering and pouring out their love for not only the game but the Uconn women's team. Over the past season, the fans and love for Uconn have accumulated as the women's game grew. 

As the girls ran out onto the court the crowd cheered loudly filling the stadium with noise, fans held up signs of all the girls' faces and wore their jerseys, representing their love. The team felt the electricity in the stadium, all except two. Paige and Camille.

Camille's mind was clouded as the deep guilt overflowed her brain and increased her heart rate, the girl knew she messed up, badly. She knew that she had to tell Leilani what happened she owed her that at least. But she wasn't going to do it before the game, she decided that she would do it after the game as to not interfere with how she might play. All she knew at that moment was that she had to focus on basketball, her team and winning and that she shouldn't focus on the anticipation in her heart waiting for Leilani to run out of that tunnel to warm up. 

Paige however was the opposite, she felt an immense jealousy in her body as she stared at Camille intently, beckoning for the girl to look back at her. But she could tell that she was thinking about Leilani since she kept looking at the tunnel every two seconds to see when the Florida team was coming out. The blonde's jaw clenched as she thought about how Camille hadn't even talked to her since last night. 'whatever' she thought. Both girls knew that they needed to focus, but their ability to do so in these circumstances was questionable. 

As the Huskies began to start their warmups, their attention was diverted when the crowd went wild focusing their attention on the Florida State Gators who were now entering the court through the tunnel, none the less Leilani Correa smiled as she ran out with her team for warmups. 

An unsettling feeling hovered over Camille as she watched Leilani head to the other side of the court. She tried to focus but her mind was too clouded with everything currently going on. Then suddenly the girl felt a tap on the shoulder as she turned around to be met with the one person she was hoping she could just ignore. Leilani.

"Hey Mad dog" Leilani smiled as she went for a hug from Camille, quickly Camille grabbed her hand and pulled her into dab her up instead. She felt dirty and weighed down with guilt.