energy

Narrative

Narrative

*January 12th 2024*

(italics is commentary) 

And with that folks, UConn takes the lead over Michigan State  84-62 With a fantastic performance from Camille Madden, who is getting her first triple-double of the season with 10 steals, 23 points and 10 rebounds.  Now during this season, Madden has really improved her weak spots like her left-hand jumper from the 3-point line as well as switching in that rotation with Nika Mühl. With the seniors this year dominating the court in points and popularity it will be interesting to see where they end up if they all do declare for the draft. I have no doubt that all seniors would be top fifteen picks. That's just what Geno Auriemma does, he creates superstars. Anyways Jerry let's flick to the post-game interview now as the student athletes begin to answer questions. 

The atmosphere was electric as each student-athlete lined up along the interview table, mic infront of them ready to answer questions about their phenomenal game. Paige and Camille obviously sitting next to each other, Their secret smiles to each other represented the comfortability they had and the spark that ignited between them many months ago. 

Reporter: "Camille, great game tonight! What's going through your mind right now?"

Camille Madden: With a big smile "Honestly, I'm just thrilled. We came out with a clear game plan, and I think we executed it really well. It's such a great feeling to see all our hard work pay off. The team was in sync, and that really made a difference. We were able to get the ball off quickly in transition which allowed for the posts to create movement"

Reporter: "Another question for Camille, You had a strong performance out there. How did you feel about your individual game? do you feel like you've improved since you're transfer?"

Camille Madden: Humbly "I'm happy with how things went, but I have to give a huge shoutout to my teammates. They set me up perfectly, and that made my job a lot easier. It's all about the team for me—when we play together and support each other, that's when we play the best, as coach says It's all about chemistry, With saying that though I do think that my efforts have paid off ability wise, I think I've been able to develop as a player amongst many talented people so- yeah. 

Camille gave a quick glance to Paige who knew every intention behind Camille's words.

Reporter: "Paige What do you think was the key to your team's success tonight?"

Paige Bueckers: "I think our defense was a huge factor. We really locked in and made it tough for them to get good looks, As well as Nika and Millis's ability to get the ball, I think Milli had ten steals tonight so that doesn't go unnoticed and Nika didn't let anyone she was guarding score more than 2 points in a quarter. On offense, we were patient and worked the ball around to find the best shots. Our communication and hustle were on point I could always count on Aaliyah in the Paint, and that's what led to the win."