15- Guess Who's Back

I woke up and got dressed, Soda wasn't in the room anymore. I went to the bathroom to wash my face and redo my makeup. When I was done I went down the stairs and saw Soda waiting at the door for me.

I gave a friendly smile as we both walked out of Buck's.

"Soda don't you have work today?" I asked as we walked to the Curtis house. "No, the boss didn't schedule me today. You haven't been there much either have ya?" He asked back.

"I switched to part time, I only work for a few days a week now. Just did that in the spur of the moment when I was real paranoid y'know?" I responded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When we walked into Soda's house, we saw everyone on the couch. Including, you'll never fucking guess, Dallas Winston.

I immediately turned around and went to the porch. "Where ya going?" Soda asked. "Just a smoke break fore' I head inside." I answered while sitting down on the porch step and he shut the door.

It wasn't long before the door opened again. I thought maybe Soda was gonna join me, but when I looked over at who sat next to me, I was about to run away.

I made accidental eye contact and immediately turned away and took a very long drag on my cigarette.

"We needa talk." He said in his thick New York accent. "Do we?" I asked while letting the smoke out, returning him the same thick accent.

I turned to him. "We drunkenly slept together and then you disappear for three days, doesn't make me feel to great." I said while looking at the street and puffing my cigarette.

"Look, I just didn't know if you even remembered and, y'know I uh, just didn't want to make it awkward." He responded while also puffing his cigarette.

"Someone chased me last night." I said looking over at him.

"What?" He asked with his eyes squinted and his cigarette loosely hanging from his lips.

"Yeah. Was down at the gas station towards Buck's. Some guy was standing under the busted street lamp, and started walking towards me when I talked to him." I responded while looking into his eyes. "Really spooked me, Soda had to stay over." I said looking away again.

"Why did you talk to the guy?" He asked after a few silent moments. I looked back at him, he was still looking at me. I kinda missed his big brown eyes. Ew what? No I didn't.

"I thought he was you. I wanted to talk to you, so we could talk about what happened and so you'd come back, we were all- the gang, they were worried about you." I said while putting out my cigarette and walking back into the house.

He stayed on the step and just watched me as I walked back inside, opening his mouth like he wanted to say something but the words never escaped.