Chapter Twenty-Two: Vacation Planning and Promises to Love

Hezekiah's POV

"You need to take a vacation, Hezekiah."

That's something that I've never heard once in my life, especially when it comes to my parents and classmates. For me, it's all about how I should "focus on my grades and stay out of the spotlight." Hence me being sent away to boarding schools for summer and holiday vacations when not surprised with visits from various tutors my parents hired to keep me away from the Chamblee lifestyle. "It's a courtesy for you to make sure to keep your mind on your books," Dad would say every time I would be taken to school or the day before I was sent to Europe. "While you don't have much to offer with social skills and looks, your job is to keep your grades up in hopes of getting a good future."

If only I had known that my future would include me being shot dead by orders of my loving parents after my graduation.

Anyway, I was the only person at Allendale Christian Academy to have to face endless summers of isolation in Europe's finest boarding schools while everyone got to jet-set in the Bahamas, Paris, Rome, the Polynesian Islands, or even enjoy a stay in the Hamptons or Martha's Vineyard. A part of me envied my classmates for having absentee parents who allowed them to do what they wanted. But I knew that it wasn't part of the Chamblee Diamond Standard for my parents. Not only that, the other part of me wanted to make sure that I made them proud of me despite being hated for being the son of Mom's rapist.

But I guess plans change and hopes are lowered down to nothing.

Back to the matter at hand, it was Thorn who said that "I needed to take a vacation" during my therapy session with him. "I know that you've haven't been here long and you don't have a job yet, but it'll do you good to take a break from Pleasantville and the drama that's been bugging you," he had said. "Plus, you haven't really toured the whole Nexus yet until you've stopped in both Winterhaven and Pacifica Vista. I strongly recommend visiting the latter since it's summertime on Earth."

"You think I should?"

The seraph nodded. "It's a rather lovely place that can give the Caribbean and Polynesian islands a run for their money," he told me. "It's a tropical paradise that has a vibrant jungle surrounding, but not too humid to avoid. The ocean waters are crystal clear and the beaches are very exquisite. But the main centerpiece is the on-site resort and villas that resembles both the Atlantis Hotel on Paradise Island and the Sandals all-inclusive resorts. The place has everything and anything that can give you the full beach resort vacation of a lifetime that you can't get on Earth."

Needless to say, I was all for it. It didn't take too long to book a reservation that would last for a full week before I made a shopping excursion in Axis and headed home to make sure that I was packed with all the essentials: summertime-themed clothes, resort wear, a few speedos to take with me for swimming, and the usual travel necessities.

And now, I was set for a vacation of a lifetime that would begin in two days. It was late in the evening and I was figuring out what to cook for dinner when there was a knock at the door. "Come in," I said as I lingered around in the kitchen.

In stepped Chance wearing a white sleeveless compression shirt and black gym shorts as he carried his gym bag, his hair slightly wet as if coming from a run or a shower. "Hey, 'Kiah," he said. "Just came from the gym and felt the need to see you," he said.

Stay away from Chance if you know what's good for you, Catalina's warning echoed in my ear. I don't like to share with anyone.

Chance saw my look of apprehension. "I know that look," he said, setting his bag to the side and coming over to me. "And I know that Catalina told you to stay away from me, Hezekiah, but I laid down the law with her. I've been longing to make you mine for the longest, even when we were back on Earth and our families and classmates wanted to keep us apart for their selfish gains."

"It's not that, Chance," I replied softly, averting his eyes. "I mean, maybe it is because I don't want to be on Slade's blacklist. I just never had anyone truly care for me before. My parents believed that I wasn't enough for them while our teachers thought I was their perfect guinea pig for homework assignments and extra projects to keep me away from the social life. I never had that one true connection with anyone other than my little brother Cameron or the maids and servants who saw me as their family member. You and I were fated to be separated by the haters in our lives, me to be placed in the background and you as a jock. I was so alone when you died and I felt like it was my fault for being close to you. Now? I'm not sure on how you and I-"

"You can't think too much on what can go wrong, Hezekiah," Chance interrupted, gently yet firmly turning my face so I can stare at his. "I meant every word that I said when I kissed you at your pool days ago. My heart only beats for you and you alone no matter what Catalina says or desires. The moment I met you and saw you being alone was when I knew that I found my soulmate."

His words were full of seriousness and his face full of determination.

"Hezekiah?"

"Yes?"

"Would you like me to kiss you?"

I inhaled sharply. "Yes," I breathed.

His lips planted on mine before I allowed him to deepen the kiss, starting slow and hesitant at first before getting more passionate yet tender and full of life. This was the second time that he and I shared a kiss together since I arrived in the Nexus. And as he and I continued our makeout session, Lucifer's words came back to my mind. He is my destined soulmate, I thought, moaning slightly as I felt his hands caress my ass cheeks. I need to start giving him a chance to let him love me and give myself a chance to feel loved.

We broke apart, me breathing heavily with my heart racing a mile per minute. "Wow," I said. "That was..."

"I know," Chance finished as if he knew what I was going to say. "Hezekiah, I know that this is going to sound so sudden and all, but I really want to make you mine. Would you like for us to become one?"

My eyes went wide. "Chance."

"I mean it, Hezekiah Chamblee," he said with a look of determination and desire in his eyes. "I can't allow you to feel so jaded and alone after the hell you've been through back on Earth. I want to make sure that you feel like you're a national treasure. I want your body and mine to make beautiful music for each other's lives. We've been denied each other for far too long and had to suffer for it. It's time for us to experience true intimacy in a new level- one that is forbidden back on Earth yet can be blissful here now that we're meant to be. Let me love you in the way that you should've been before. So I ask you now, Hezekiah Chamblee, would you like for us to become one?"

I swallowed heavily. There was only one way to answer this, one that could make both God and Lucifer happy. "Yes," I replied. "Yes, I would, Chance Dalton."

After tonight, we would become men in each other's eyes.

Ooh, child! I bet you're wondering when this was going to happen, folks! It's been overdue, but better now than never! And the next chapter is going to be full of steamy and smutty goodness as my boys lose their virginities for the first time. Now to clarify, both Hezekiah and Chance are 18 as the former was killed one day shy of his birthday while Chance is basically a young man as Hezekiah envisioned him while alive. Hope this helps.

Dedicating this chapter to none other than EmmittRose  for his amazing polyamorous BL tales and TAMPAX_ for their series. The song for this chapter is "Just for Fun" by Beyonce from her country album "Cowboy Carter (her best masterpiece ever!)."

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!