04 : ruined expectations

Jimin twisted and turned around but he couldn't seem to sleep

Jimin twisted and turned around but he couldn't seem to sleep. It was 1 PM in the night and his husband still haven't reached home yet. He understands there must be so much work but isn't it too much to be this late?

Jungkook had reached home in the evening and helped Jimin a little in cooking before they ate together. After they had their dinner Jimin called his father in law downstairs so he could have his different meals with ginseng tea, ofcourse.

Then after an hour, Miss Jeon arrived home and couldn't help hugging her son in law because of his much she missed jimin. She even apologized for not coming back home early because the work was too much. She just hoped the time passes soon and Jungkook take over her company that her husband left for her.

That brought back memories of Mr Jeon and she couldn't help sobbing at how badly she missed her husband. Unfortunately, Mr Jeon died due to heart attack and the doctors couldn't save him. Mr Jeon had already prepared to give the company over his wife so she could give it to Jungkook when he's worth it.

Jimin felt pity, it was so unfortunate because Jeon family was the happiest and healthiest family controlling their work without any corrupt driving under the enterprises.

He sat up on his bed and stretched his body a little, tired of his miserable attempts to go sleep. He stood up and walked forward towards the balcony to get some fresh air. His lungs filled up with cold breeze, his hair swaying with the wind as a smile tugged at his lips.

Then suddenly the door opened with a click, causing Jimin to flinch and abruptly look back to see his husband removing his tie. He took a deep breath and walked inside the room.

"Welcome home." Jimin greeted quitely.

"Welcome home, my ass." The shorter closed his eyes shut at the curse, encouraging all of his inner system to prepare for whatever is about to come out of his mouth.

"How can it be welcoming when I lost a deal I had worked for so hard?! Tch, what do you know? You only have to be pretty and sit your ass down at home and eat food all day!"

All Jimin did was telling him welcome home and he triggered his husband by it. He shouldn't have opened his mouth. It clearly pissed Sangjae off but he doesn't understand why does he have to take all of his office rage at home?

Jungkook's wish was so different from his husband. No matter how tired Jungkook was, he made sure to greet Jimin with a warm smile and a "Thanks for welcoming me."

It only makes evident at how they both were so different, it's obvious they are not blood related but Sangjae doesn't have any basic human decency.

"And what happened then was- are you even listening to me?!" Sangjae's shout made him flinch.

"Ah.. I'm sorry I'm just so tired and I need to sleep." Jimin sighed.

"Your husband is stressed with work and you say you need to sleep? What kind of a husband you are? Tsk, I expected it." He said agressively removing his blazer and throwing it at Jimin who caught it before stumbling a little.

Sangjae then walked inside the washroom to take a shower while Jimin placed the clothes in a basket for tomorrow to wash in the washing machine. If it was Jungkook, he was sure the guy would make sure to place his own clothes at belonging place.

Anyways, why is he even comparing his husband with his brother in law? Only because Jungkook showed him some caring touch? He quickly shook his head to wash over the feeling.

He then quickly noticed a thin hair on Sangjae's blazer. It was a brown hair and it was long enough to recognise it was a woman's hair. His heart couldn't help feeling drowsy as anxiety build inside of him. Jimin sniffed the blazer a little and the smell of a woman's perfume was engulfed by his nostrils.

No, it couldn't be.. but, Sangjae never demanded for sex or never initiated physical contact with him. Could he be... possibly cheating on him?

That thought made him more distress.

He sat on the bed and waited for Sangjae to get out of the washroom. Once his husband came out of the washroom, he heard him humming a song thinking he might be in a great mood.

"Jae.." Jimin trailed off and his husband looked at him with frowned eyebrows.

"Don't call me with that nickname."

"Okay, Sangjae, why.. why have you been coming back home so late? I'm worried." Jimin said quitely, his eyes not daring to look up at his husband.

"Why the hell do you care? I'm going to work to make sure we have a roof over our head, clothes to wear and food to eat. Can't you be a little grateful that I'm doing all this for us?"

Jimin flinched at the harsh words but he forced himself to speak. "It's just that.. you never give me attention like all those married couples... I'm grateful that you do work for us but I'm just worried you come back home this late and not have dinner-"

"I told you I eat dinner at company, no need to fucking pretend that you're worried about me. Just stay your ass home and do your work. What the fuck do you even do at home? You just sit and enjoy, so do that." Sangjae grumbled and sat down on the bed, turning his back to Jimin and going to sleep.

Jimin felt his lips quivering, his throat getting dry as the lump wanted to come out with sobs. He lay on the bed and turned his back to Sangjae while tears threatened in his eyes.

Jimin blamed himself for hoping anything from his husband. He just wanted some attention that his husband failed to give so. Even at night, he thought he could have a conversation with his husband and they could cuddle together to make amends but he was wrong.

He shouldn't have expected anything from his husband to begin with.