Part 17

The next morning, I woke up feeling sore all over. Matteo was already awake, looking at me with a soft, satisfied smile.

"Good morning," he said, leaning down to kiss me gently. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore as hell," I admitted, wincing as I tried to sit up.

He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me and lifting me effortlessly into a bridal style. "Let me take care of you," he murmured,  carrying me out of the room and down the hall.

As we made our way to the Great Hall, I could feel the stares and hear the whispers of other students. Matteo seemed unfazed, his grip on me steady and protective. When we entered the hall, his friends immediately started smirking and exchanging knowing looks.

"Well, well," Pansy Parkinson said, grinning as she saw us. "Looks like someone had a fun night. You'll have to tell us all about it later, Jennifer."

I blushed, burying my face in Matteo's chest , my face red. "Maybe," I mumbled

Matteo set me down gently at the Slytherin table, then pulled me onto his lap, his hands resting possessively on my waist and thighs. Our friends continued to tease us. Despite my soreness, I  smiled

 After eating , dumblebitch stood up and called for attention. The room quieted, though the Slytherins were visibly annoyed at having their fun interrupted.

"Good morning, everyone," Dumblebitch began, his voice booming across the hall. "Today, I have some very special news to share."

Matteo tensed beneath me, his hands tightening on my waist.

"I am pleased to announce the engagement of Matteo Riddle and Jennifer Salazar," Dumblebitch said, his eyes twinkling as if he enjoyed dropping the bombshell on the students. 

The hall erupted into a mixture of gasps, whispers, and outright laughter. My face burned with embarrassment as I looked around at the sea of shocked and curious faces. 

"Well, well, well," Pansy said, leaning forward with a grin. "Looks like congratulations are in order."

"Jennifer Riddle," Daphne said with pride"That has quite the ring to it, doesn't it?"

Naomi Witt nudged me playfully. "You really are full of surprises, aren't you?"

 Matteo leaned in, kissing my temple softly. 

t then, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger approached our table,  Harry began clapping sarcastically, drawing even more attention.

"This is bullshit," Harry said loudly, glaring at us.

Matteo's grip on my waist tightened protectively, his eyes narrowing. Our friends smirked, knowing Harry was fucked. I quickly slid off Matteo's lap, moving next to Pansy.

Hermione and Ron laughed, clearly enjoying the scene. Naomi, however, wasn't having any of it. She lunged forward, grabbing Hermione's hair and yanking it hard.

"No one insults my best friend's wedding!" Naomi shouted.

Chaos erupted. Matteo was on his feet in an instant, punching Harry square in the stomach. Lorenzo took care of Ron, sending him sprawling with a well-placed shove. The professors rushed to intervene, but Matteo was relentless, now on top of Harry, landing punch after punch.

Professor Snape and McGonagall finally managed to pull Matteo off Harry, who was bleeding and groaning on the floor. Matteo's knuckles were bruised and bloody, but he looked utterly unrepentant.

"That's enough!" Dumblebitch's voice boomed, silencing the hall. "All of you, to my office. Now."