nothing like love in summer (2024)

NOTHING LIKE LOVE IN SUMMER is the ninth mini album from cube entertainment female soloist, ryun, released on june 14, 2024

NOTHING LIKE LOVE IN SUMMER is the ninth mini album from cube entertainment female soloist, ryun, released on june 14, 2024. it includes seven tracks in total, including the title track abcd.

ryun expressed her excitement for the album, admitting that this was her first release in awhile that she was actually really happy to show fans. she stated that this release almost didn't come about due to the amount of rushing she did to get it out for the summer. stating that she wanted her fans to have a summer album to enjoy with friends on vacation at the beach in the sunshine. she further elaborated that the emotions she wanted to express were love, confidence, and assurance in yourself. she revealed that she was in a really good place emotionally and in her private life while working on the album, so she believes that those positive emotions will be felt by fans when they listen to the songs.

there was speculation surrounding ryun's inspiration for the album. many believing that she wrote the album for a past/current romantic partner. fans point to lyrics from the tracks heaven and count it as proof. others believe the lyrics (specifically from count it) are to broad and generalized to be about a specific person. ryun has not confirmed or denied the speculation publicly; however privately, she and woozi did spend a lot of time together while she worked on the album, so his positive influence definitely aided her.

TRACK LIST
by nayeon

01 abcd — title track
"i'll teach you how to fall in love
you've come into my fantasy
no way outta my gravity"

02 butterflies
"hiding under the covers
staying up with a flashlight
got me changing my colors
cheeks all rosy and pink"

03 heaven (feat. hui)
"you got me weak in thе knees
tell me when you'rе falling asleep
that you only dream about me"

04 magic (feat. julie of kiss of life)
"everybody know me
you ain't never met somebody so glamorous
bet you wanna come see (ah)
love when i do it like that (in my bag)"

05 halligalli (prod. by lee chan hyuk
of akmu)
"shuffle it (it), the mixed-up (fruits)
my heart is sweet and tangy (love is like)
just like halligalli
it's confusing in the same way"

06 something
"oh, you're not enough, get nervous, babe
i haven't fallen for you
give me something, something special
now, i want something else, oh, oh"

07 count it
"i fell in love with your sweetness
your brown eyes and pink lips (oh)
the way you concentrate is like a movie screen (movie screen)
i can't explain why i like you"

MV