2023 recap

2023, unlike her 2019 recap, was a lot more positive, through it did have it's stresses. 2022 saw a lot of continued success as well as new successes for ryun, and 2023 continued that momentum. from her first world tour to the release of her first full japanese album; ryun had a very busy schedule. outside of her career, her personal life welcomed a new life into the family and she celebrated her fifth anniversary together with woozi. 2023 was yet another rollercoaster year living and learning. here is a recap of those 365 days for her:

THE FACTS

— she would spend the first two months of the year attending award shows.

— at the beginning of february it would be announced that she renewed her contract. heartbreakers weren't having it and let their disappointment in ryun's decision be known on social media. ryun was hurt by fan reactions but understood that they only meant well. she would not comment on the situation publicly.

— her reasoning for choosing to stay despite the many failures of the company toward herself and other artists under the their label, is she didn't want to abandon the g-idle members, who she views as little sisters. she harbors bitterness over soojin and resents the way the company failed clc and pentagon. this makes her afraid that if she left then cube would do something to sabotage them, and they would fall apart like their senior groups. all of her other company friends have left, so all she really has are g-idle. she would never talk to the girls about her fears because she knows that they, especially soyeon, would tell her she deserves better, and that soyeon won't let herself and her girls fail. she plans to wait out g-idle's contract expirations (2025) and her contract renewal period (2026).

— her sister-in-law would reveal that she was pregnant mid-february, but ryun wouldn't be able to travel home to be with kyung mi due to tour and comeback preparations.

— her first comeback of the year would be announced on february 20th, with a mini album being released on march 6th.

— after promotions for the comeback ended she would travel home to visit her family before her would tour began. she would only be home a week.

— her world tour began on april 15.

— she would keep in close contact with her sister-in-law during the tour. often getting only two to three hours of sleep a night just to be able to call and check up on her.

— the tour would be prove to be a highly success project for cube. several moments for the tour would go viral, with netizens praising her live vocals, performance, and natural charm.

— several other cube groups would make surprise appearances at her shows. lightsum would attend the last day of her opening in seoul. pentagon at monterrey. and g-idle for her closing show in tokyo.

— ryun would highly enjoy performing for different crowds in several different countries while in tour. however, she would spend most of her time stressed, overworked, and tired anytime she wasn't on stage. she would often express this to her sister-in-law, who would attempt to comfort her, but ultimately only made her worry more due to the pregnancy.

— she wouldn't have time to explore the locations she stopped at during the tour. this would become the biggest regret for her, as she wished to see the places and experience the cultures of the locations she was touring. to make up for this her managers promised to talk to the company about a vacation next year.