Forever

Taehyung and Jungkook had been inseparable since childhood. Growing up in a small neighborhood, they shared every moment, every secret, and every dream. Their bond was so strong that it seemed nothing could break it. But life had other plans.

In their sophomore year of high school, Jungkook's father announced that they would be moving to the United States to expand the family business. The news hit like a thunderbolt. Taehyung and Jungkook spent their last days together clinging to each other, unwilling to let go.

The day of the departure arrived, and Taehyung stood at the airport, tears streaming down his face. "You have to promise me, Jungkook. Promise you'll come back."

Jungkook's own eyes were brimming with tears. "I promise, Taehyung. I will come back for you."

As the plane took off, Taehyung felt a part of him leave. He withdrew from everyone, unable to bear the thought of making new friends and facing the pain of losing them. His heart ached with every passing day.

Years passed, and Taehyung's parents, always busy with their business, decided to leave him with his grandmother. She was a warm, loving woman who slowly helped Taehyung find joy in life again. He rediscovered his passion for drawing, singing, and reading. He even began to smile again, although the shadow of Jungkook's departure always lingered.

But happiness is fleeting. One winter, his grandmother fell ill and passed away. Taehyung was devastated. He performed all the rituals with great care, but the light in his eyes dimmed. His parents, thinking he was just grieving, didn't realize the depth of his pain. They took him back with them, hoping a change of scenery would help.

A year went by, but Taehyung never recovered. He stopped singing, spoke only when necessary, and spent his days lost in his thoughts. Concerned, his parents took him to a doctor who diagnosed him with trauma due to his grandmother's death.

Across the ocean, Jungkook never forgot Taehyung. He had been in love with him since they were children, though he didn't understand it back then. The pain of separation had only made his feelings stronger. Now, with his father's business settled, they were moving back to Korea. Jungkook was determined to find Taehyung and tell him everything.

When he finally returned, Jungkook was heartbroken to find that his once cheerful and bubbly friend had turned into an emotionless shell. He learned about Taehyung's grandmother and his subsequent depression. Determined to help, Jungkook spoke with Taehyung's parents and promised to do everything he could.

The first meeting did not go well. Jungkook, filled with hope and anticipation, approached Taehyung gently. "Taehyung, it's me, Jungkook."

Taehyung's eyes widened in shock. His face paled, and without a word, he ran to his room and locked the door. Jungkook was stunned but undeterred. He knocked on the door, his voice soft. "Taehyung, please let me in. I just want to talk."

There was no response. Jungkook sighed and sat down outside the door. "I'll stay right here. You don't have to talk if you don't want to. I'll just be here."

He began to talk about his life in the USA, the things he had seen and done, hoping Taehyung would listen.

The next morning, Taehyung, thinking Jungkook had left, felt a pang of sadness. But when he walked into the kitchen, he saw Jungkook there, making pancakes. Jungkook smiled at him. "Good morning, Taehyung. I made your favorite."

A small smile tried to break through Taehyung's stoic expression. He sat down and began to eat, but in his haste, he choked. Jungkook rushed to his side, gently patting his back and calming him down. "Easy there," he said, his voice soothing.