Tae's tragic tale

Once upon a time, in the vast and wondrous depths of the ocean, a merman named Tae was born. He was the beloved son of the ocean king and queen, a beautiful prince whose presence brought joy to every corner of the underwater kingdom. His scales shimmered with hues of emerald and sapphire, and his eyes glowed with the light of the sun reflecting off the waves. From the moment he arrived, the ocean sang with happiness, celebrating the birth of their little prince.

But as with all good things, the peace did not last. Dark forces lurked in the shadows, envious of the kingdom's joy and power. One tragic night, these enemies launched a devastating attack. The serene blue waters turned crimson as a fierce battle raged. Tae's parents fought valiantly to protect their home, but the enemies' numbers were too great. In their final moments, Tae's mother entrusted him with a magical ring, a gift imbued with ancient power that would allow him to live on land as a human. With her last breath, she whispered, "Keep this safe, my son. It will protect you."

Lui

Lui

Orphaned and alone, Tae was captured by one of his parents' enemies, a cruel and powerful merman named Lui. Despite being old enough to be Tae's father, Lui was infatuated with the young prince from the moment he laid eyes on him. Tae was only ten years old when Lui imprisoned him, but Lui's twisted desire made him wait until Tae reached adulthood before claiming him.

Lui kept Tae locked in a gilded cage, a prisoner in his own kingdom. The young prince was treated harshly, beaten and starved whenever he attempted to escape. Tae's only solace was his best friend Jimin, a kind-hearted guard who pitied the prince's plight. Jimin did what he could to ease Tae's suffering, often sneaking him extra food and comforting him during the darkest times.

As the years passed, Tae grew into a strong and handsome merman, unaware of the incredible powers that lay dormant within him. On his twenty-first birthday, he discovered the truth. The ring his mother had given him began to glow, and with it, a surge of energy coursed through his veins. He could now transform into a human, a gift that offered a glimmer of hope for escape.

 He could now transform into a human, a gift that offered a glimmer of hope for escape

One night, while Lui was away, Jimin came to Tae's cage. "Tae, it's time," he whispered urgently. "You have to get out of here. Take the ring and go. Live the life your parents wanted for you."