Rainy day comfort

The rain had started as a light drizzle, but it quickly turned into a relentless downpour. Taehyung and Jungkook were caught off guard while walking back to their apartment. By the time they made it home, they were both soaked to the bone, shivering from the cold.

"Jungkook-ah, I think I'm getting sick," Taehyung mumbled, his teeth chattering as he leaned heavily against Jungkook.

Jungkook immediately swung into action. "Let's get you out of these wet clothes and into something warm," he said, his voice full of concern. He led Taehyung to their bedroom, helping him out of his drenched clothes and into a pair of soft, dry pajamas. Taehyung's skin was clammy and cold to the touch, and Jungkook felt a pang of worry settle in his chest.

As Taehyung sat on the edge of the bed, Jungkook quickly grabbed a towel and began gently drying his hair. "Kookie, I feel yucky," Taehyung murmured, his voice small and weak. He looked up at Jungkook with wide, glassy eyes that were already starting to water.

Jungkook's heart ached at the sight of his boyfriend in such a vulnerable state. "I know, baby. I'm going to take care of you," he promised, pressing a soft kiss to Taehyung's forehead. He could already feel the heat radiating from Taehyung's skin, and he knew a fever was setting in.

Once Taehyung was dry and dressed, Jungkook helped him under the covers and then quickly changed out of his own wet clothes. He returned to the bedroom with a warm, damp cloth, a thermometer, and a glass of water. "Here, let's see how high your fever is," Jungkook said softly, placing the thermometer under Taehyung's tongue.

Taehyung whimpered but complied, his eyes never leaving Jungkook's face. After a minute, the thermometer beeped, and Jungkook's worry deepened as he read the numbers. "38.9°C," he muttered, more to himself than to Taehyung. "You're burning up, Tae."

Taehyung's lower lip trembled, and tears welled up in his eyes. "K-Kookie, it hurts," he whispered, his voice breaking.

Jungkook's heart broke at the sight of his boyfriend's distress. He placed the back of his hand against Taehyung's cheek, feeling the feverish heat. "I know, baby. I'm going to make you feel better," he said, his voice gentle and soothing. He reached for the glass of water and brought it to Taehyung's lips. "Drink some water for me, okay? It'll help."

Taehyung took a few sips, but his throat was sore, and he soon turned his head away, tears slipping down his cheeks. "C-can't," he choked out.

Jungkook set the glass aside and wiped away Taehyung's tears with the damp cloth. "It's okay, Tae. Just rest," he murmured, smoothing back Taehyung's damp hair. "I'm right here."

Taehyung's breathing hitched, and he reached out for Jungkook with trembling hands. "K-Kookie... cuddle?"

Jungkook's eyes softened, and he immediately climbed into bed beside Taehyung, wrapping his arms around him and pulling him close. "Of course, baby. I'll hold you all night if you need me to," he whispered, pressing a kiss to Taehyung's temple.

Taehyung nestled against Jungkook, his body trembling from fever and fatigue. "Don't leave me, Kookie," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Never," Jungkook promised, his voice firm and full of love. "I'm right here. I'll always be here."

As the night wore on, Taehyung's fever raged, and he drifted in and out of a restless sleep. Each time he stirred, Jungkook was there, holding him close, whispering soothing words, and gently wiping his forehead with the cool cloth. Taehyung's small whimpers and cries broke Jungkook's heart, but he remained patient and tender, his love for Taehyung unwavering.

"K-Kookie, it hurts," Taehyung whimpered at one point, his voice full of pain and fear.

Jungkook tightened his hold on him, his own eyes filling with tears. "I know, baby. I know. I'm so sorry you're hurting," he whispered, his voice cracking. "But I'm here, Tae. I'm right here. You're not alone."

Taehyung's breathing was labored, and he clung to Jungkook as if he were a lifeline. "Kookie... sing to me?" he asked, his voice weak and trembling.

Jungkook nodded, his throat tight with emotion. He began to sing softly, his voice barely more than a whisper, but full of love and warmth. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine," he sang, his fingers gently stroking Taehyung's hair. "You make me happy when skies are gray..."

Taehyung's eyes fluttered closed, and his breathing began to even out, the soothing sound of Jungkook's voice lulling him into a calmer state. "You'll never know, dear, how much I love you," Jungkook continued, his own tears falling freely now. "Please don't take my sunshine away..."

As the night stretched on, Jungkook kept his vigil, holding Taehyung close and singing softly whenever his boyfriend stirred. His own exhaustion was a distant concern compared to the worry he felt for Taehyung. All that mattered was making sure Taehyung knew he was loved and safe.

In the early hours of the morning, Taehyung's fever finally began to break. His body, though still weak and trembling, started to cool down, and his breathing became more even. Jungkook felt a wave of relief wash over him, though he remained vigilant, unwilling to let go of Taehyung even for a moment.

When Taehyung finally woke, his eyes were clearer, though still tired and weak. "K-Kookie?" he murmured, his voice scratchy but no longer full of pain.

Jungkook smiled down at him, his heart swelling with love. "Hey, baby. How are you feeling?" he asked, his voice gentle.

"Tired," Taehyung admitted, his eyes closing again. "But better. Thank you, Kookie."

Jungkook pressed a soft kiss to Taehyung's forehead. "You don't have to thank me, Tae. I love you. I'll always take care of you," he whispered.

Taehyung's lips curled into a small, tired smile. "Love you too, Kookie," he murmured, already drifting back to sleep.

Jungkook watched over him, his heart full of love and relief. The night had been long and difficult, but they had made it through together. And as he held Taehyung close, he knew that no matter what challenges came their way, they would always face them together.

---

**Author's Note:**
This story highlights the deep bond and unwavering love between Taehyung and Jungkook. Despite the challenges and fears, Jungkook's care and patience shine through, providing Taehyung with the comfort and support he needs.

Written : ariyana

Donot forget to vote ,comment and share