Mafia'heart

Author pov

Taehyung had always been the center of his mother's world, cherished and adored for his bright smile and gentle heart. But everything changed one tragic day when his mother's life was brutally taken in front of him, leaving him traumatized and lost in a world that suddenly turned dark.

In the aftermath of his mother's death, Taehyung's once joyful demeanor vanished, replaced by a fragile innocence as he retreated into a childlike space to cope with the overwhelming grief. His father, devastated by the loss of his wife and desperate to provide stability for Taehyung, remarried to a woman he trusted—a friend who seemed kind and caring.

However, Taehyung's new stepmother did not have the same love or patience for him. She saw him as a burden, a reminder of a life she hadn't bargained for. In front of Taehyung's father, she painted him as a troublemaker, deserving of harsh discipline and scorn. Behind closed doors, she withheld food and care, leaving Taehyung hungry and longing for the warmth he once knew.

One sunny afternoon, the weight of his stepmother's cruelty became too much to bear. Taehyung, feeling suffocated in the home that was no longer safe or loving, made a decision. He slipped out quietly, unnoticed, into the wide world beyond their doorstep.

Outside, the sun's warmth embraced him, and for the first time in a long while, Taehyung felt a glimmer of freedom. His heart pounded with excitement as he walked down the familiar streets, a small smile playing on his lips.

Taehyung: *giggling softly* "I'm free... I can go anywhere I want. I'm a big boy now."

--- but after sometime

[Taehyung, feeling the pangs of hunger after his escape, spots a shop filled with food. He enters and grabs items to eat, unaware of the need to pay. As he tries to leave, the salesman stops him.]

Salesman: "Hey kid, where do you think you're going with all that?"

[Taehyung looks up with wide, innocent eyes.]

Taehyung: *confused* "Eomma... I... I want food..."

Salesman: *impatiently* "Do you have money to pay for these?"

[Taehyung shakes his head, his lower lip trembling.]

Taehyung: "I... I don't know..."

Salesman: *growing frustrated* "You can't take things without paying! Are you trying to steal?"

[Taehyung's eyes well up with tears as the reality of the situation dawns on him.]

Taehyung: *crying softly* "I... I just wanted to eat... I'm sorry..."

[The salesman, now angry, starts taking the food away from Taehyung.]

Salesman: "You can't behave like this! Where are your parents? You're just a kid!"

[Taehyung sobs uncontrollably as the salesman's words echo in his ears. Overwhelmed with fear and guilt, he bolts out of the shop, tears streaming down his cheeks.]

Taehyung: *sobbing* "Eomma... I'm sorry..."

[As he runs through the bustling streets, he bumps into someone, staggering back in fright.]