Chapter 28

"I swear!" The Omega cried. "You got the wrong Omega."

Annie Lionheart, one of the police tasked to track and arrest wanted criminals, stared blankly at the raven Omega. They settled in the Trost Head Quarters' interrogation room, a table separating them, the Omega sat on the chair across the table while Annie stood on the other side.

The said Omega was adamant that he was not a wanted criminal, especially the infamous thief of the InnerCity. Although he looked similar to the wanted posters that they had, she had to at least have to undergo the due process with the Omega. Right now, she just finished the interrogation and she had to admit, the raven Omega was very annoying. Repeating everything he says and hardly answers Annie's questions.

"My master is looking for me as we speak! I need to go back to him!" He pleaded. Blue eyes watering with unshed tears.

"Right," another voice came behind Annie. She turned towards her partner with a bored expression.

Mikasa walked into the office, eyes narrowing at the Omega. She was outside the interrogation room while Annie did most of the talking, although the blonde was not much of a chatterbox herself she knew how to pull the truth of out people.

Mikasa's not blind, when he visited her brother and saw Levi, she recognized him. But she is not sure since the raven Omega gained some weight and looked well rested. But she decided to close her mouth shut and didn't tell anyone except for her partner. She trusted Annie with her life and she knew that the blonde Alpha would understand her reasoning as to why she didn't capture Levi when she had a chance.

Mikasa didn't want to make any more mistakes that could lead to Eren hating her more. She would do everything, even bending the law.

"Yes, please! That's all I wanted. Like I told her," he jerked his chin towards Annie. "I know the location of the real thief!"

Mikasa closed her eyes and took a deep breath. That information will go down the drain.

"We just look alike that's why he stole my identity!" He continues to defend. Annie groaned, annoyed at how much he repeated himself even though no one was asking.

"Also," he sounded hopeful. "Since I gave you guys a tip of the real thief's location, I can have some type of reward right?"

Mikasa glared at the raven Omega. His name was Rivialle and he does look like Levi, only a bit shorter and his hair had a curl in the end while Levi's hair was straight. But with his current haircut, the two could pass as twins.

"Reward?" Annie asked. Eyes studying the raven.

"Yes! Since that thief is wanted and I just gave you guys a tip, I need a reward for it! That's just how it is!"

Annie side-eyed Mikasa, silently sending out her observation.

Cash grabber. Gold digger.