Chapter 06

Eren woke up at exactly 5:30, it was his routine after he returned from the war. His alarm clock was his rooster, the huge chicken always found his way at the top of the barn and let every know that the sun will rise in the horizon.

But now that he's not alone in the house, Eren knew his routine will change drastically. He was ready for it and more than willing to change it for the better.

Dressing up with a white button-up shirt and slacks, Eren grabbed his clutch and limp out of his room. His mind was running on what will he serve for Levi this morning, he had some oil and eggs made some-

Eren paused at his doorway. Right there in his kitchen, Levi was busy with his cooking. The raven was also wearing his mother's apron and he was humming a tune while he fried the eggs.

The Alpha can't help but smile. His heart warms at the sight of Levi in his kitchen. It was like the Omega belonged in the house.

He cleared his throat to make his presence known. "Good morning."

Levi turned to him with a smile. "Oh, good morning! I made some eggs and I heated up the leftover casserole."

"Thank you, let me set the table," going through the cupboards Eren pulled out the plates and some utensils. He felt a little ashamed to see that he doesn't have much food, plates, and other stuff for the kitchen.

With the eggs and leftover casserole ready and the table was set, they both sat down and enjoy the meal.

"Thank you for cooking," Eren said and took a taste of the fried eggs. He really needs to buy pepper and salt.

"No problem it's the least I can do," Levi ate and Eren was surprised that the raven didn't complain about the lack of ingredients in the kitchen.

"The rain had stop last night, I think we can have a little tour in the property," Eren suggested. The ground will be damp but not as much. The farm looks amazing in the mornings and Eren wanted Levi to see it.

"Sure, I love to," Levi smiled, and continued eating with comfortable silence.

----

Even after sleeping in a warm comfy bed, old habits die hard. Levi was used to waking up early to prepare for the day. It's always easy to pickpocket people that had to go on their business early in the morning, still slightly dazed from sleep.

He made use of it and decided to cook the Alpha some breakfast. The casserole from last night was not enough to the two of them, plus, a dog and a cat. Luckily Levi found some eggs and with the little salt left, he cooked it. He reminded himself to add salt and other ingredients in his list.

After breakfast, the tour of the house was short. Two bedrooms, a bathroom near the kitchen, the living space, and the back door near the bathroom that leads to the small vegetable garden.

Levi didn't mind the damp ground but Eren insisted to make him wear his old boots than Levi's own boots. Levi understood why Eren's old boots look sturdy and more suitable for the occasion. The ground was a mess and it made Levi's borrowed boots heavy with all the mud and it was a struggle to walk. Levi preferred lighter footwear, it's easy to run that way.

The old leather boots were a pain, literally. Levi winced as the thick footwear bushed against his skin, the thick socks helped but that will certainly make bleed afterward but he'll endure it.

For Eren.

"And this is the barn," Eren pulled the doors open, a big smile on his face.

It was contagious, making Levi smile back. Eren was just too genuine and excited to show off his farm to him. He can't complain and ruined everything.