Chapter 07

It was funny to see Jean and Levi bickering at each other. Eren can't remember the last time when he laughs so hard but the sun was high up and he knew had to go and do his chores. Yesterday he barely did any work because he was preparing for his wife's arrival.

"Okay, that's enough," Eren stepped between the two.

"Alright, whatever, sorry anyway," Jean mumbled.

"How sincere of you," Levi deadpanned.

"I am," Jean rolled his eyes on the raven before turning to Eren. "I have to go too. But have checked fences and nothing was broken or busted but you can double-check them if you like."

"Thanks, Jean," Eren can't thank him enough. Jean had been checking the fences around his property since he can't ride a horse in his condition.

"I'm off then," Jean nodded at both of them before mounting his horse and left.

"Okay," Levi step down from the fence. "What's my chores?"

"Well, I was thinking that maybe you can help me with something. Let's get back inside," Eren turned to the house and lead the way. When he felt Levi held on his arm he froze like stone.

"You okay?" Levi asked when the Alpha stopped walking.

"Umm... ah... y-yes," Eren looked away, avoiding the other's gaze but he managed to limp to the house.

Once they set on the porch, Eren spoke. "I was thinking that maybe you could help me sort out a few things."

"Sure, I like organizing," Levi smiled, simply encouraging the Alpha.

"I really hate math so..." Eren continued to his room. Not a second later he came back with a box and a notebook. "Usually, my mother did all the counting. She taught me but I can't still get a grasp on it." He set the box and the notebook on the table and Levi followed swiftly.

"Eren, it's okay. Please tell me," Levi pushed when the Alpha kept stalling.

"Can you do all the budget?" Eren scratched the back of his head.

Levi wanted to laugh. He had no idea why the brunette was so shy to order him to do things. Levi knew how to spend his money well, it was essential when he was in the streets. He makes sure that every penny he had won't be wasted.

"Leave it to me," Levi took the notebook and studies the chart the Eren had filled out.

"Oh, okay. Thanks... um... you can take a break anytime you want!"

Levi laughed. "I will. By the way, where can I find you for lunch?"

"I'll be doing rounds around the property but after that, I'll be in the barn."

"Got it," Levi nodded, eyes focused on the writings in the notebook.

"I'll be going then."

"Be careful!" Levi shouted at him before the door closed.

----

"Titan, no," Levi scolded the black cat. This is the third time Titan went to sit right on the notebook. The black cat stared up at him with his big green eyes and let out a small meow.

Levi sighed and lean back on his chair. "Alright but you have to move later okay?"

Running his hand on the cat's fur, Levi can't still grasp the fact that Eren is loaded. Looking at the box, it was full of money, more than Levi had ever got in his life. But it was obvious that Eren doesn't touch it, the almost empty house is a given. If Levi had bad intentions, he can easily grab the box and ran away. But he was a little concerned that Eren trusted him this much, how much more if a real gold digger came in and took advantage of the poor Alpha?