Chapter 05

Seeing Levi smile helped Eren calm
his nerves and lessen his worries. The raven Omega was very happy when Eren showed him his room. Maybe the new curtains and rug did the trick.

Stealing a glance at the said raven as they ate. He half expected Levi to eat less. Eren can understand. The city food is very different compared to their food. But Levi ate with gusto and Eren didn't miss how the raven eyes shines when he saw the wine.

Levi already finished eating and was enjoying his wine.

Finishing off his plate, Eren decided to bring out the cake. "How about some desert?"

Levi put down his wine and stared at Eren with wide eyes. "There's more?"

"Um, yes. But you don't have to if you are full."

"No, it's fine." Levi waved at him. He never eaten so much good food in his life. The wine was simply divine, the casserole was delicious and there is desert. Levi wondered what else the Alpha had.

"I hope it's not too much but I wanted to somehow celebrate our companionship," Eren reached out in the cupboard and pulled out a box.

"I don't mind at all," Levi eyed the box. Licking his lips at the mystery treat inside.

Eren pulled out the strawberry cake out of box. "I'll get a knife."

Levi's jaw was hanging when he layed eyes on the cake. It's a cake. A real cake with frosting and the scent of strawberry and sugar made his mouth water.

Eren sliced the cake and gave him a piece while he slice another for himself. Levi stared down at the master piece infornt of him. His fork was shaking when took a piece and put it in his mouth.

His eyes watered at the sweet, fruity flavor. He was finally eating a cake. Levi knew these delicate sweets were so expensive, he always see then in one of the fancy bakeries. They all look delicious and Levi envied every person who got out with a box in their hands. And now, he's eating a cake.

"Thank you, Eren," he said before taking another bite. "This is really good."

"I'm glad you like it. I order it in Sasha's bakery, I love their cheeserolls too and you should try their chocolates. Sasha is still practicing but we can try it for free."

"Chocolate?" Levi's eyes grew wider.

"Do you like sweets?" Eren asked. He gave the Omega another slice, sensing that Levi wanted more by the way he eyed the cake.

"Thank you. I think I do..." Levi whispered. He can't afford sweets but he kept dreaming about it. They all look so pretty and appetitezing. He tend to stay away from bakeries, they all always triggered his hunger. But now, he can eat the whole cake if he wants to.

"Meow!"

"Oh, sorry buddy. I'll feed you," Eren stood and started preparing the black cat's meal.

Levi looked down on the floor. With the dim lighting, the black cat was barely visible. "Does he had a name?"

"Yes. Titan meet Levi. Levi. Titan."

"So, Titan and the horse is Rogue, right?"

"Right, and Maria is my border collie. She lives in the barn. I feed all animals in the barn before I returned here, if you're wondering why it took me so long," Eren explained. He filled Titan's bowl and the cat immediately dashed towards it the moment Eren placed it on the floor.

"It's fine," Levi finished his desert and push his plate. He was stuff. Maybe he should go easy on the cake. Standing up, Levi started collecting all the dishes.