Chapter 19

Hello everyone,

I would like to say thank you for all of your support. I reached 2.1k followers in Wattpad! Yey! As much as I want to concentrate in writing and update daily or twice a week, I couldn't due to bills and stuff to pay. But your comments, and upvotes helped me to keep moving forward everyday. I hope my stories did the same with you guys.

Thank you so much with all the support and enjoy this chapter!

-----

Eren gritted his teeth while he washed the dishes. He came home fuming with rage, he couldn't believe his friends and the people he knew ever since he was a child were able to do that to Levi.

When he left the restaurant, Isabelle came running out of Petra's shop and explained everything to him.

At first impression, Historia's little prank was indeed harmless. They wanted to test how Levi would react especially when Eren's not around. They bribed the children to play with him under the rain which the raven Omega politely declined. Levi even gave a lecture, 'catching a cold when playing under such weather'. And then, Ymir asked the eldest of the group to "push" Levi on the mud in the middle of the street when the raven was about to run across towards Petra's shop.

That little push caused Levi to slip on the mud and fall face flat.

Just hearing what exactly happened made Eren's blood boil, he wanted to march back inside the restaurant and give everyone, especially Historia and Ymir a piece of his mind. But it didn't stop there.

Levi remained in the middle of the road. Covered in mud and was looking for something. That must be the time when the ring slipped off his finger.

Right then, a huge carriage with four horses came rushing to the road. The coach didn't notice Levi as he kept on flicking his reins, probably in a rush to get out of the rain. And raven didn't notice the incoming carriage.

Eren thanked Isabelle and Petra for stepping in, risking their lives to protect Levi from being trampled.

Levi almost got hurt as well as Petra and Isabelle. Eren couldn't simply forgive them, especially Historia.

Isabelle then requested if she could visit Levi once he recovered from the cold and Petra wanted to invite them to dinner at her house.

The plates clank on the sink as Eren dropped them, his hands were shaking so hard at the need to punch something.

Instead of balling his fist and probably destroying the nearest furniture, he could reach, Eren closed his eyes and took several deep breaths. He never thought that he'll felt this anger again, but he reminded himself that the war was over and those toxic feelings were passed him. He grew up and learned how to control his temper. He's doing well and he'll strive to be better now that he had Levi.

Once he felt calmer, Eren picked up the plates and continued washing them.

"Eren?" Levi's soft weak voice reached the Alpha's ears.

Eren once again drop the dishes, wiped his hands dry, and rushed to his mate's side. His crutch clanked on the floorboards as he went straight to his room where his mate was resting in his bed. "I'm here, Levi. You're safe."

"What are you doing?" Levi smiled weakly as he watched the Alpha sit next to his bedside.

"I was just washing the dishes," Eren smiled fondly. Thankfully, Levi's condition was getting better and the raven had a full appetite during their dinner.

"Thank you."

Eren blinked. "For what?"

"For taking care of me."

"Levi, I'm your Alpha and it's an honor that you trust me to look after you." Taking the raven's hand on his, Eren placed a soft kiss on the back of the raven's palm.

Levi's eyes grew wide and his cheeks flushed in red. Though he felt guilty. "But I lost-"

Eren didn't let him finish, he pulled his mother's ring from his pocket and slipped it in the raven's ring finger.

The raven Omega gasped, "Where did you find it?"

"Hostria gave it to me," the brunette Alpha growled, anger was evident in his eyes yet he still held Levi's hand ever so gently. "Isabelle told me what happened. They set you up. I couldn't believe they did that."

Levi frowned. Historia, the Omega girl from the restaurant. The raven did hear her call him gold digger in the bathroom of the restaurant when he first visited the place. The majority of the town's people didn't trust him but he didn't expect that that innocent-looking Omega would pull something that could get him killed.

Did the town's people want him dead?

Even so, Levi didn't care, he knew how to handle it. Eren's enough for him but it hurts to see his Alpha so upset at what happened.

"It's okay, I'll be careful next time," Levi tried to pull a smile and reached to pat the brunette's head with his other hand.

"No, it's not okay," Eren gritted his teeth. "They disrespected you, that also meant they disrespect me."

Levi could see the fire burning in his eyes and his once gentle hold on his hand tighten but nothing that the raven couldn't handle.

Sighing, Levi scooted over and lifted the quilts. "Lay with me."

Eren's features softened, hoisting himself up, he slipped into the covers and wrapped his arms around the raven. "Do you still feel cold?" he asked as he rubbed his scent all over the Omega's hair.

"No, I'm feeling much better now," Levi sighed with a smile and purred when the brunette started scent marking him. His inner Omega was delighted to have an ever-caring Alpha.

"Petra wanted to invite us for dinner in her house next time," Eren mentioned, he need to thank her and Isabelle, the two did save his wife.

"I would love that," Levi purred, eyes growing heavy as the smell of pine filled his senses. "They saved me. I didn't notice the carriage at all..."

"It's not your fault. Historia-" Eren tighten his hold around the raven. His anger was seeping through his scent.

"Eren," Levi squirmed in his hold and that snapped the Alpha out of his rage.

"Sorry..." Eren he whispered shamefully and loosed his hold. "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be, what you feel is understandable," Levi reasoned with him, not the slightest scared of the brunette.

"And they all did that behind my back, they could have just told me that they were worried and then I might have done something to clear the air," Eren continued.

His heart quickened at what Eren's said. Levi bit his lower lip uncertain if he should say what was bothering him the moment he got out of Shingansina's train station. "But... would you be mad... if I hid a few secrets from you?"

"Levi, listen."

Levi froze at Eren's serious tone.

"We all had secrets. I won't force you to spill all your secrets to me but if you wanted to share, I'm ready to listen."

The raven didn't know what to say. Eren's an angel who practically fell from the sky. What did Levi do to deserve this Alpha? He didn't say anything and just snuggled closer to the brunette. He didn't want to hurt Eren because of his doings. Just seeing the brunette Alpha so upset with what happened pains his heart.

If that day comes when Levi's going to tell the truth, would Eren understand?