Chapter 18

"I'm sorry Eren. I'm so sorry."

This was it, this was the end. It's all over and Levi accepted his fate.

"Levi?!" Eren gaped the moment he opened the door. He didn't expect Levi to come home early, and judging by him shivering, soaking wet from the downpour, the raven Omega walked home on his own.

Eren had no idea what happened. Earlier, they ran out of supplies, especially the powered cocoa. Levi volunteered to shop and insisted that he'll be doing it on it's own. Eren wanted to join him shop but he couldn't lie that he had a lot of things to do in the farm. It's not that he didn't trust the raven with money, the brunette Alpha just wanted to spend more time the raven even if it's just shopping for cocoa. Because of his pending work, Eren decided to drop the Omega in town and picked him up after an hour.

Then, it started raining. Eren would go to town to pick his wife up regardless of the weather but he didn't expect Levi would appear in their doorstep in forty five minutes later. The raven Omega was soaking wet and shivering from the cold.

"I'm so sorry," Levi pleaded, teeth chattering from the cold.

"Hey, calm down we have to warm you up first!"

"I lost your mother's ring. I'm so sorry," Levi gasped, leaning his weight on Eren.

"Levi?" Eren rested his palm on the raven's shoulder. He felt a fever building up. "Levi! You're going to catch a cold! Let's get you to bed and-"

"I lost it Eren! Aren't you listening to me?!" Levi exclaimed, tears stream down his face.

"I heard you but that is not important now, we need to get you out of the these wet clothes and in bed!"

"But-"

Eren didn't let him finished and dragged him inside. He lead the Omega in his room, snatched two towels and gave it to the shivering raven.

"Eren, I-"

"Shhhh," Eren gently silenced him, helping the other removed his wet clothes. That's when he noticed some mud on the raven's clothes. "Levi, did you slip in the mud? Are you hurt?"

"I'm..." Levi hissed when a gentle breeze passed through him. "I'm f-fine."

"No, you are not!" Eren didn't mean to raise his voice. He was just worried. It was obvious that Levi's not fine with fever building up. He couldn't understand why the Omega was denying it. He quickly stripped off the rest of the Omega's clothing, pat him with a towel until he was dry, then, Eren grabbed a random shirt in his cabinet and threw it over Levi's head.

Levi didn't protest when the brunette Alpha guided him to lay on the bed, which Eren greatly appreciated. Once Levi settled in the bed, the Alpha took all the quilts and blankets he had and wrapped them on the Omega to keep him warm.

"E-Eren..." Levi croaked weakly.

"I'm here, I'll get you some medicine. Your safe and warm now," Eren sat on the edge and lean to place a soft kiss on the Omega's forehead.

Levi's burning, and still shivering from the cold. That's not good.

Trying to panic, Eren went out of the to get some medicine and a glass of water. When he came back, Levi's shivering lessen but his breathing became ragged.

"Levi, love? Can you sit just for a little?" Eren crooned, handing the medicine and the glass of water to the raven.

Levi answered with a weak whine but he managed to sit up and take the offered water and medicine.

"Now, you must rest."

"Eren, your mother's ring. I-"

"It's okay," Eren cuts in.