Stuck with you

"No chance, no way, I won't say it, no, no. It's too cliche, I won't say I'm in love"

-I won't say I'm in love (Hercules)

Aurora POV

The following week went by as usual. Classes with packed homework tasks and stressful exam preparation. I entered the charms classroom as usual, rolling my eyes at the annoying sight of Mattheo Riddle sitting at our desk.

I throw my bag onto the floor before instantly turning my body away from him. I could see his arrogant smirk from the corner of my eye. I've been ignoring him all week, after whatever happened in the library. Surprisingly he hasn't been bothering me lately, which I am glad about.

The chatters quiet down as Professor Flickwick enters the classroom. He stands in front of the class and announces our task for today.

"Good morning everyone, in the following two weeks you will have a group assignment, I need each group to create a presentation about a spell and its history. This task will count towards 10% of your final grade, so take it seriously."

Murmurs arose from the announcement. Ten percent is a big deal, especially for me, I wanted to attain good grades and become an Auror just like my dad. But I want to get the job without relying on my father's connections, so I need to work hard.

Professor Flickwick continued "As for the groups, you will be as a pair with the person you're sitting next to. Any questions?"

My mouth dropped in horror. Many other students also started complaining. I glance over to Mattheo, he is also surprised but smirks as our eyes meet. I glare at him before raising my hand and standing up.

"Professor, can we choose our partners instead?" I pleaded.

He sighed "Miss Black, working with different people can be a good experience."

I protested "But Professor, I-I can't-"

Before I could finish my sentence a hand pulls me back into my seat. Mattheo kept his arm around my shoulder to keep me from standing up.

He leaned in "You heard him, there's no use in begging, you're stuck with me, princess." His lip brushed my ear as he whispered.

I push him away "Shove off" I groan in frustration.

Mattheo chuckled in amusement "So, should we start the assignment?"

I glare at him "I suppose so"

"Just so you know, I don't really care what grade I get, so you can choose the topic and everything" He smirked.

I huff in anger "Just so you know, I intend to get top marks, so do your work or else I will hunt you down"

"Anything for you princess" He chuckles while playing with the ends of my hair. "I wouldn't bother doing it normally, but since you asked so nicely, I'll do my part"

I slap his fingers away "You better" I shoot an intimidating glare at Mattheo, and he responds with a smirk. "Also, why do you keep calling me princess?"

He leans back on his chair with a smug smile "Because I'm the Slytherin prince and you're my pretty princess"

My face flushes red ever so slightly as I try to appear nonchalant. But that annoying bastard catches it and slides an arm onto my chair.

He smirks "Is that a blush I see? Do I make you blush, my princess"

I roll my eyes "Shove off, Riddle."

He leans in closer, his fingers hovering on my back as if teasing me and trying to get a reaction out. "You can't get rid of me, no matter what you tell yourself, I bet I'll always be on your mind" He whispers so only I can hear him.

Thankfully I was saved by the bell. I jumped to my feet and threw all my supplies into my bag and sprinted out of the classroom with a racing heart.

"I'm looking forward to working with you Aurora" Mattheo yells from afar.

My feet picked up the pace as I ran through the hallways, trying to get as far away from him as possible.

"I'll always be on your mind" A hauntingly beautiful voice replays in my head.

I must be out of my mind.