Christmas Break

"And all at once, you're all I want I'll never let you go. King of my heart"

-King of my heart

Aurora POV

The next week went by in a blink of an eye. And today is already the last day of the term. Everyone was either preparing to go home and spend time with their family for Christmas or staying at school over the break. I was packing the last few pieces of my clothes when someone knocked on my door. I quickly walk over to open the door. Revealing Mattheo who was leaning against the door frame with hands in his pockets.

"How's the packing?" He wrapped an arm around my waist and walked in.

"Almost done. What about you?" I leaned my head on his shoulder.

He looked down at me with an awkward expression "Uh about that, I'm not going home"

I raise my eyebrows in confusion "What? Why not?"

He walked over and sat at the edge of my bed "Well, I don't want to see my family, and I told my dad I wasn't going home. For the first time, he didn't force me to go back so I'm staying here for Christmas"

I walked over and stood between his legs "But everyone else is going home, you'll be alone for Christmas"

He chuckled and held my hands "I'll be fine, it's just Christmas"

I shook my head "No that won't do. You're coming home with me"

His eyes widen in shock "What? Wait you mean you're bringing me to your house? What about your parents, shouldn't you ask them first? Do they even know about us?"

I squeezed his cheeks with my palms "Well, I haven't told my dad and uncle yet, they'll make a huge fuss about me having a boyfriend so I'll just bring you along and...surprise them! Plus, there are plenty of rooms in our house, or you could even stay in my room" I shoot him a flirty wink.

Mattheo laughs and strokes my hair "Alright, alright, if you're fine letting me stay, I'll gladly join you"

I flick the tip of his nose "Well then, Mr. Boyfriend, you better start packing" I said before dragging him out of my room.

He waved before I shut the door, I could hear his voice on the other side saying "I'll see you later at the great hall!"

-Later that day-

Ring! ring!

The last bells were rung, and it was officially the start of winter break. Hermione and I excitedly ran back to our dorms to collect our belongings and walked back to the great hall to meet up with Harry and Ron for the last time this year.

"Are you guys excited for Christmas?" Hermione asks as soon as we see Harry and Ron.

Harry groans "Not really, I have to stay with my Aunt and Uncle this year, wish I was staying at Ron's instead"

Ron wraps an arm around Harry's shoulder "You can always sneak out if you ever get bored"

The two boys laugh and Hermione's attention shifts towards me "Wish I could stay with you this year, but Ron insisted I stay with his family to... you know go on more dates."

I laugh seeing Hermione's flustered reaction. Those two finally got together after denying their feeling for years. "No worries, actually someone else will be taking your place this year"

All three of them look at me in confusion "What who?' They ask at the same time.

"That would be me" A deep voice announces behind me.

I turn around to find Mattheo holding his luggage. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a tight hug.

"You're bringing him home already?" Harry asks skeptically.

The three of them are still wary about Mattheo, even after I told them he had apologized to me and I trust him completely. I turn back to face Harry with a reassuring smile.

"Yes, I didn't tell Dad yet but I'm sure they'll let him stay"

Harry sighs and shoots Mattheo a glare before walking up to him "I'm warning you one last time, don't hurt her again or I'll kill you, understand?"

I panicked and stepped between the two, but before I could say anything Mattheo replied "Don't worry Potter, if I ever hurt her again I will kill myself first"

I thought they were gonna fight again but thankfully the two boys exchanged friendly handshakes and parted ways. Mattheo went back to his friends just for the train ride, and I sat with my friends on the Hogwarts Express.

We chatted about our holiday plans and ate snacks all the way back to London. When we arrived at platform 9 and ¾ we hugged before parting ways. I found Mattheo in the crowd and we started looking for my dad and uncle.

"Aurora!" I heard a voice yell my name from behind.

I turn around to find Dad and Uncle Regulus running up to me with bright smiles. They engulf me in a tight hug before they notice Mattheo's presence.

"Who's this?" Dad asks.

I nervously held Mattheo's hand "This is my boyfriend, Mattheo-"

"Riddle" Uncle Regulus cuts off my sentence.

The two stare at Mattheo intensely before Dad breaks the silence "And what is he doing here?"

I smile awkwardly "Well, I was wondering if he could stay with us for the break. He was going to stay at Hogwarts but I insisted he spend Christmas with us. Please, Dad! Please, Uncle!"

They exchanged glances before agreeing "Alright fine, come with us son" Dad smiles at Mattheo.

"Thank you, uh sir," Mattheo said nervously.

As Dad and Uncle Regulus help me with my luggage, I take the opportunity to steal a kiss from Mattheo.

"You'll have a great time with us, promise" I smile at him.

Mattheo grins and wraps an arm around my waist "As long I'm with you, I'll always have a great time"

This time when Dad and Uncle Regulus weren't looking, Mattheo pulled me in for a long sweet kiss.