Planning

Qin had already changed her life dramatically, her relationship with her brother was now build 0n love and trust, well at least if was so on Jin behalf. Qin worked hard making their relationship be as the once she had read of in her stories. She had to admit she was sometimes riddled with guilt since after all this time she had started to care for Jin deeply, he worshiped the ground she walked on and would do anything to please her and make her happy, Qin was the same a happy Jin was a good Jin in her eyes, she did not remember much of the story but she remember how horrible their relationship had been, they argued and fought, it was an endless cycle, he could not let her go and his possessiveness got even more problematic. She made sure not to let him feel insecure about her in any way, she did that with ease, pamper him, snuggle him and providing him with love and comfort. She had to admit he gave her comfort too, she knew full well that this was a very dangerous world and from the images he had sent her she was glad she was protected. Still her world was small, even though she was happy with his protection she was still in a cage, she had no control but she could influence him a little. She had wanted to get to know the other mermen but he did not let anyone get too close, she had seen Bluepool sometimes and had even shared a few words with him but he did not let her have any relationships with anyone else but the dolphin, it was a little boring and often so frustrating but she had gotten used to his possessiveness.

His room was next to hers so that he could be close to her. He was often in her room and she did not mind it much since she was she was often bored and lonely. She tried her best to ask him about anything she could think of but he did not know a lot about what happened on land since he did not go on land much. They did not need to barter much from the land beasts since they did not need food but they did barter in jewellery, Jin had seen how obsessed Qin was at looking good and making beautiful accessories out of pearls, still all bartering was done by his mermen's, he would not bother with such trifling matters, he had his hobbies, which was hunting, fighting and finding treasures of the sea. He would sometimes leave Qin alone for days while he was scavenging and training, still it did not bother her much, she used the time trying to come up with ideas to improve her life. She got to swim in the sea almost as often as she liked but she could never go far if Jin was not around, she had a well protected area she would swim in and play, she often used that time to try to find something that could be of use to her. One time she was collecting seaweed to eat, she really liked the taste of it and ate a lot of it, when she was gathering some she thought of other uses for it, she collected a lot and took it back to her room, she tried to make baskets out of it, at first she was horrible at it, but she did not stop, she liked keeping busy and this could be a useful thing to her if she could perfect it, she kept at it for months until it got good enough to use, she was happy, she could improve and make things by herself, she did not hide it from her brother, she showed him a basket and told him she had made it for him to collect all the treasure he would would find in it, she told him she had been bored and she had collected too much seaweed and she had not been able to finish it all so she had played with it, it was fun and she had had decided to try to braid it like she did with her hair and she braided all of them to braided them all together and made it, Jin was so happy, he loved all the things she made for him, she had made him a lot of accessories which he cherished, they were the most treasured items he had and he took good care of it.

Qin asked her brother why the ferals in the sea were so dangerous. Jin told her that she was the only female that was a sea beast, none other beasts could make a female beasts only males and it was told that sea beasts would be much stronger if both parents were from the sea, that is why she was so desired. He told her the reason why her smell was so slight was to hide her existence better, still everyone knew that only merfolks could create a female so very regularly they were attacked by other sea creatures, wanting to steal the female. He told her she would however start to give off a stronger scent when she would bleed for the first time. Qin was thankful she had asked, there were all kind of sea ferals and beasts in the sea, there were, all kind of sharks, whales, snakes, turtles, seals dolphins, octopuses, stingrays, walruses, eels and many many more, the images Jin had sent her were locked in her brain, she was so afraid that someone would find her while she was escaping, she did not want to be used as a breeder, she wanted to live on land but also be able to swim in the sea but she knew that would not be possible. If she was going to leave her brother she could not go into the ocean again, that thought made her devastated since it was such a big part of her identity now, still she hoped swimming in lakes would be just as nice but deep down she knew it would not be the same. These thought made her torn, since a life without the sea seemed like such a lonely life, if she did not go to the sea to swim everyday it would feel like the ocean was calling for her, the feeling was so strong that she always listened to it but she knew she would not be able to after she left.

She had made all kinds of brushes to brush her long light blue hair, she loved to braid her hair and look nice, she loved making herself pretty, she had never felt that way in her old life but now she adored her cute little face, she would take good care of it, she could hardly wait to grow up, she wanted to see how beautiful she would be, since she knew that Qin had been extremely beautiful but living it and reading it is not the same.

She had been tracking the days, here beasts did not count days, they smelled the air to know when the season where about to change but she was still under the sea and could not do that, so she counted them and asked when was what season so she could be prepared, winter was longest, then summer but spring and fall were the shortest ones, it was almost identical to on earth but the hours in one day here were longer so not the same, she was tracking the days and the weather, usually twice a year there was a tsunami, that would be the best time for her to escape but she needed a distraction, when the tsunami happened all mermen were ready to protect their princess and their home so it would be impossible to escape, if she left and nothing was happening, Jin would find out too soon and it was likelier that predators would find and snatch her too. She was certain the best time would be when a tsunami happened, she just needed something else to happened at the same time so there would be a panic that she could use to her own benefit. It would not be long until she would be able to morph, it would happen any day said her brother, she wanted to leave as quickly as she could after that. She knew she would have to stay in hiding for a long time after that so she should avoid towns or cities, the more that would know of her the dangerous it would be for her, her brother would get the news she had survived and start to hunt her. She needed to find a beast that had his own nest alone with no one around, that would be the safest, he had to be able to protect her and conseal her. He had to be very strong and smart but how was she going to find someone like that, she had no clue, she was forbidden to go on land so she knew nothing about the land, who lived there and if there was anything there, still she had to take a chance, Qin had escaped and lived in the story so she was going have faith that she would be alright, still it was frightening to think about but thrilling at the same time.

Next chapter she will escape, do you guys like it so far, have a great day and thank you for reading my story :)