Chapter 16: Departure for a New Journey

After a few hours of coming back from the Honokage Mount, the Yamanaka Clan members and Jiraiya were surprised to gain a brand new ally, Midori, after Natsu, Gin, and Luna explained what happened on their day out together and up to the events of Midori's attack Naruto had his turn to explain that he has training nearby on the mount and sense Natsu's chakra had faded a bit and rushed to the scene and just in time to save Gin from Midori, as much the Yamanaka Clan members and Jiraiya weren't happy of the attack they had level heads they trust to have second chances in others Midori was still feeling guilty for attacking the group out of anger and hatred that she was welcomed with open arms for this second chance most of the day she spent time knowing her new future family and hoping that Lady Mizukage and Kurenai would open up to her with this second chance also, "Alright we have a couple of hours before we all leave." Jiraiya said as his students looked at him, "You sure you're not hiding anything, sensei?." Midori asked as she found it suspicious that he suddenly wanted to leave so soon when it was only after three. "No, no, I'm not hiding anything, Midori," he said, trying not to make it seem like he was hiding something. "You must have done something, sensei; we weren't going to leave until after six," Naruto said as Jiraiya tried not to deny anything. "Oh, I know what he's hiding," Kaede said as Jiraiya was sweating bullets. Everyone looked at Kaede, "What did he do, Kaede-sensei." Gin asked as Kaede spoke up once more. "He got caught by Lady Honokage, so he wants to get out of here before she finds him and gives him a good beat," she said as she also giggled at the thought while everyone else laughed along, causing Jiraiya to cross his arms and pouted.

Midori had a better look at Jiraiya, and then she started bursting out laughing. "That explains the black eyes," she yelled as everyone else looked. She also laughed that half of them were feeling pain in their sides. Jiraiya cleared his throat. "Anyway, I would like to get going before a mob comes to find me, and I was

warned this time, so I'm not banned anymore," he said as everyone

started snickering. "Well... Maybe we should get going." Naruto said as everyone slowly stopped snickering and looked at each other. "Honestly, this was the best fun since I got selected for gate duty." Ayumi said as everyone slightly agreed even after everything that happened it was one hell of a week but the Yamanaka household did enjoy having Jiraiya's new set of students more than Jiraiya, as the group got together at the front door either hugging or shaking hands they were saying their goodbyes with Natsu being the last one to leave as he looked back at them and smiled "Visit Ino, I'm sure she'll be happy to see her family again." he said as Yamanaka household nodded at him then Natsu closed the door behind him and there was silence in the air for a minute then Ayumi spoke up "I missed them already, and I do agree with Natsu, I do wish to see Ino again." she said as her family nodded in agreement while walking down the streets Jiraiya was keeping a lookout for a mob that might be looking for him while the others were looking at market stalls and had annoyed expressions on their faces until they bump into Naruto who suddenly stopped "Hey Jiraiya-sensei." he started as Jiraiya turned around and looked at Naruto "I think we do need more supplies before we head out for our training trip." he suggested as Jiraiya looked around then looked at his students "Alright, you all got half an hour to get what we need, I'll get you all at the main gates." he said as everyone nodded and Jiraiya walked off to the gates.

Jiraiya made it to the gates first after ten minutes of walking to it and he was chatting to the guards to pass the time but didn't distract them too much, while the others were getting what they needed Naruto went and found more camping equipment Natsu went and bought as many foods and enough water as they needed that would last them until the next village while the three clone sisters went to a clothing stall and getting new clothes for themselves and finding a new set for Midori as she was getting tired of her old shinobi outfit and wanted to be free just like her little sisters, while the others were doing their own business Naruto and Natsu met back up at the center of the market and sitting on a bench in front of a fountain and waiting for the girls to come back but just as the two were talking they are startled by the sudden arrival of Aoi who jumped from a building roof and landed in front of the two as they aren't sure what her intentions are yet but they kept they're guard up "Relax, I came to make a truce." she said as she stands tall and her arms crossed looking at the two, "Alright... We're listening, Aoi..." Naruto said as Aoi closed her eyes, then she cleared her throat and looked at them once more. "I am declaring you two are my rivals, and I will be staying away from you and your families, and I will become stronger than you both, in return you and your team do not find me or hunt me down." she said as both Naruto and Natsu looked at each other having a minute to think about it then they looked back up at Aoi "As much that sounds like a fair truce Aoi." Natsu started, and then Naruto spoke up. "But we can't let you roam around free and let you train to get stronger," he said as they paused for a moment. Aoi had disappointment in her eyes, and she didn't show the expression on her face. Still, then Naruto spoke up once more, "But... We'll let you train all you want if you keep your word about coming after our families, and we'll keep our word." he said as Aoi showed a soft smile on her lips and nodded at them "You have my word... And one more thing and I do mean this is for you both." she said as both Naruto and Natsu were curious about her words as they listen to her.