Chapter 6

Continue Stars POV

  After I calm down, Travis suggests I take the car for a spin. Excitement bubbles within me, and I can't resist the urge to jump into the driver's seat. Before I leave, Travis mentions a small café at the end of town, suggesting I check it out. I thank them, eager to explore my new surroundings.

  Pulling out of the garage, I head towards the café, my heart pounding with anticipation. As I approach the café, I notice a group of high school kids hanging out nearby, their laughter mingling with the thick smoke rising from their cigarettes. Ignoring their presence, I step inside the small establishment named "Grandma's Place." The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and sweet pastries envelops me, enticing my senses.

  Walking up to the counter, I place my order for a vanilla mocha swirl and a glazed donut, unable to resist the delicious offerings. The waiter assures me she will bring my order to me shortly, and I find a seat towards the back of the café. Minutes tick by slowly, and finally, the waitress named Shelly arrives with my order, wishing me a lovely evening before retreating back behind the counter.

  I express my gratitude with a smile and take a sip of the steaming coffee. Suddenly, I become aware of a pair of eyes fixed upon me a few seats ahead. I try to ignore the gaze, but curiosity gets the better of me, and I glance over, only to lock eyes with a breathtakingly handsome stranger. With his black silky hair, silver-blue eyes, and a physique that could rival that of a Greek god, he exudes an aura of undeniable attractiveness.

  Heat rises to my cheeks, and I quickly avert my gaze, embarrassed that I got caught staring. I hope he didn't notice how flustered I became. Seeking distraction, I decide to text my friends, informing them of my arrival in Casper, Wyoming, and sharing snippets of my day. Their responses fill the screen, filled with love and excitement for our upcoming reunion. I can't help but blush when Jasmine playfully asks about any potential encounters with hot guys.

  I quickly divert the conversation, not wanting to admit my newfound interest in the mysterious silver-eyed stranger. Finishing my coffee and devouring the last bite of my donut, I realize the handsome stranger has mysteriously vanished. A pang of disappointment tugs at my heart, leaving me yearning for another chance encounter. Shaking off the thought, I remind myself that I shouldn't dwell on someone I barely know.

  Leaving the café, I settle my bill and leave a generous tip. As I walk back to my car, a strange sensation prickles at the back of my neck, as if someone is watching me. I glance towards the nearby woods, searching for any sign of movement but find nothing. Goosebumps prickle my skin, and a sense of unease lingers in the air. Deciding to investigate the woods tomorrow, I hasten my steps towards the safety of my house.

  Notifying Travis and Lola of my safe return, I bid them goodnight, their words of love and well-wishes echoing in my mind. The room is shrouded in darkness as I lie in bed, the soft glow of the moon casting eerie shadows on the walls. The silence hangs heavy, broken only by the faint rustling of leaves outside my window. Goosebumps prickle my skin as a chill runs down my spine, an unsettling feeling creeping over me.

  I can't shake the sensation that someone is watching me, lurking in the shadows. My thoughts drift back to the handsome stranger with silver eyes from the café.

  Who was he?

  Why did he disappear so suddenly?

  The memory of his piercing gaze lingers in my mind, leaving me with an inexplicable sense of intrigue and danger. Could he be the source of this unsettling feeling?

  Or is it merely a figment of my overactive imagination?

  As I try to push these thoughts aside, a soft breeze whispers through my window, causing the curtains to dance and sway. It's as if the night itself is alive, filled with secrets and mysteries waiting to be unraveled. I bury myself deeper under the covers, seeking solace and reassurance in the familiar comfort of my father's shirt. But sleep eludes me.

  My mind races with unanswered questions and unspoken desires. Who was watching me earlier? What lies hidden within the depths of the forest? The unknown beckons to me, drawing me towards its enigmatic allure. Tomorrow, I vow, I will venture into the woods and uncover the secrets they hold. As I finally succumb to exhaustion, my dreams are haunted by fleeting glimpses of the silver-eyed stranger. His presence lingers, his voice a mere whisper in the wind. Images flash before my closed eyes, fragments of a puzzle waiting to be solved. There is an undeniable connection, a magnetic pull that draws me towards him, even though I barely know his name.