Chapter 15

Stars POV:

   Julius, What are you?

   Star, I'm the vampire king and you're my Mate. It's bad enough my whole life has been nothing but a lie now you're telling me that I'm your MATE! What the hell is a mate, I all but scream at him.

   Julius says, please try to calm down, I will tell you everything and answer all of your questions, little mate. Don't call me that and damn right you will, I say a little too snappy while giving him, Lola and Travis the death glare. Okay, Star, a mate is someone that the goddess above hand-picks for each supernatural being. It's their other half, the one makes them complete. Even better, a friend you can count on for the rest of your life that has your back regardless of what, and most importantly. A person to love and cherish unconditionally while growing old together.

   That's why I felt a weird connection with you the first time we met and every time we come in contact with each other I would feel safe, and have little sparks like feeling all over?

   Julius comes over, and says yes love, that is right.

   Do you have any other questions? Yeah!

   Do you know who killed my parents?

   Honestly, we are not 100% sure, but we believe it was Falcon and, if not, one of his followers. He's the reason your parents left here and tried to keep you far away from him. Dome how he found you and kills them while you were at school. We had a feeling he was going to try to get you after school that day, but Lola and Travis got there first to scare them off and brought you back home with them. My last question is: What do we do now? I say, trying to hold my fear in.

   Julius says: Star, I would like you to come back to the clan with me, that way we know you will be watched over and safe. Don't worry, you will still be able to go to school and everything normal. Julius' nothing is normal anymore. When I woke up this morning, I was just a random girl living a normal life. Now you're telling me my parents were not human.

   I'm some kind of hybrid freak, whatever that is, and I'm your MATE. To top it off, some dude named Falcon is after me. This is simply far too much Julius, please go, just leave me alone. The look in his eyes I can tell he is hurt, and he tries to come over to comfort me, but I back away.

   Julius, leave now!

   Okay, okay, Star, I'll leave to see you tomorrow at school. Lola Travis look after Star please, they nod their heads while he makes his way out of the door. I tell Lola and Travis I'm going upstairs to my room. They give me a sad smile but don't say anything in return. Once in my room, I shut the door and slid down the frame, and everything comes out as I scream and cry. I cry for my parents, from everyone's lies, and I cry because of Julius.

   I understand why everyone did what they did for me, but it, still, feels like a ton of bricks came crashing down at once. After a good hour or so of crying, I get up and see my journal. Picking it up from my nightstand, I decide it's time to write, since it's been a while. Sitting on my bed I started writing, Hey mom Hey dad, I made it through the day. I know you would be proud of me, I miss you guys like crazy. I found out some interesting information today about my life.

   Don't worry, I'm not mad at you, I just wish you guys could've told me sooner than, maybe, you would still be alive. I understand why you did it, and I still love you. I apparently have a mate, it is beloved, not do sure what to call him really. Furthermore, I'm sure you already knew I would, but I'm scared. I don't know what to do, mom and dad?

   I wish you were here, so I can talk to you in person, but you're not. Please just send me a good sign if you can to help guide me in the right direction. Okay, you better go now. I love you both so much. Talk to you guys soon. Love Star. Knock Knock Knock! Star, can I please some in? I hear Lola say. Yes, Lo, you can. She opens the door and walks to my bed to sit down on the edge.

   Are you mad at us? With a sign, I say, at first yes I was, but now I'm not mad at you guys I was just upset it's a lot. To take in, and I just needed some time. What happens now, though? I literally blew up on Julius, and he was just trying to help, I kicked him out of the house for crying out loud. Leaning on Lola's shoulder, I start to tear up a little because I'm so confused.

   Shh, Shh Star, everything will be okay. You still have us and Julius, plus he truly does care about you a lot. If you ask me, it's not difficult to see. She tells me, smiling a little while rubbing my back in a motherly way. Hun, you don't have to worry about school tomorrow if you don't want to go. I know you got thrown a shit ton of information today, and you most likely still have plenty of questions that require answered.

   Do me a favor, and just sleep in it, please. Okay Lola, I will, don't worry about me. Lola starts to head towards the door, and I say Lo, I hope you know that I still love you and Travis, right. Stopping in her tracks and turning around with happy tears in her eyes and says Star. We love you to more than you will ever know, never forget that, and she walks out of the room while closing the door behind her.

   I decided it's best if I try to get some sleep due to all the events Today, I'm physically and mentally drained. Opening my closet doors, I pull out a pair of pajama shorty shorts, and a tank top. Walking into the bathroom. I splash some water on my face, removing my old make-up, and put my clothes on for the night. Afterward, doing my business, I fall on to my bed and crawl underneath my covers, falling asleep quicker than I thought I would.