Chapter 23

We arrive at the club and I start to laugh because it's called Love Bites and half of my friends and my lovely mate are vampires. How ironic, and on top of that Julius actually owns this club which is pretty awesome. Entering the club building it looks amazing with a few dozen neon lights, a huge bar, there is a massive dance floor and about 50 or so tables where everyone can sit and drink or just hang out.

  Julius walks me over to the bar and I get a sex on the beach mixed up while he orders himself a bud-light. Scrunching my nose up at him he cocks an eyebrow saying what. Bud-light is gross I say with a funny face and Julius starts to laugh. We walk back hand in hand to our friends at the table and take a seat next to each other.

  I look over to Jesse and start to feel bad because he has yet to find his mate and everyone else has. While everyone is talking amongst each other we decide it's time to dance. Julius and I make our way to the center of the dance floor. I somehow get the courage to tease Julius and start to grind on his crotch for a few seconds and when I come back up his eyes have darkened, and he says in a husky voice Star I wouldn't continue that if I was you! Giving him my best smile I start laughing and get back to dancing with him every time we touch it sends a shivers all over my body and heat rise in my stomach that makes its way down to my core making me feel wet.

  Julius leans down, and whispers in my ear Star you smell so good in a seductive way. Looking up at him confused. He says Um Star I can smell your arousal he purrs it's so intoxicating to me. Ugh I can tell my face is red as a tomato and I'm hoping these lights are dark enough to hide my face from him but just in case I turn my head and I hear him chuckle.

  Well I guess I've been busted I think to myself then turn my face back to him with a glare making him laugh even more. I notice there is a karaoke machine and get excited dragging Julius with me to the stage. Jumping up on stage I ask the DJ that I love karaoke. Well come on girl tell me a song, and we will set it up for you dear. Smiling I tell him the song and grab the microphone from him. Waiting for the song to start to play I look at the screen and start to sing...

  There's only two types of people in the world: The ones that entertain, and the ones that observe Well, baby, I'm a put on-a-show kind of girl Don't like the back seat, gotta be first. I'm like the ring leader, I call the shots (Call the shots) I'm like a firecracker I make it hot When I put on a show I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins Spotlight on me and I'm ready to break I'm like a performer.

  The dance floor is my stage Better be ready, hope that you feel the same All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus When I crack that whip everybody gon' trip just like a circus Don't stand there watching me, follow me, show me what you can do Everybody let go, we can make a dance floor just like a circus.

   There's only two types of guys out there Ones that can hang with me and ones that are scared So, baby, I hope that you came prepared I run a tight ship, so beware I'm like the ring leader, I call the shots (Call the shots) I'm like a firecracker I make it hot When I put on a show I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins Spotlight on me and I'm ready to break I'm like a performer, the dance floor is my stage Better be ready, hope that you feel the same.

   All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus When I crack that whip everybody gon' trip just like a circus Don't stand there watching me, follow me, show me what you can do Everybody let go, we can make a dance floor just like a circus....

  After I get done singing Julius walks up to me wrapping his arms around me and staying you have a beautiful voice baby making me blush. Excusing myself because I have to use the bathroom. I go on a search for it finally finding the bathroom and see that there's a lime of course ugh I have to pee. Someone ends up bumping into me, and I see it's some random guy.

  He looks at me with lust filled eyes saying hello sexy want to go somewhere more private, so I can see what's under all of them clothes, but before I have a chance to respond the drunk dude crashes his lips to mine and all I smell is the stench of alcohol on his breath and do my best to denied him. He starts to bite my bottom lip to get access and I push him off me and slap him across the face to show him I'm serious.

  The guy looks at me with a surprised expression yelling you little bitch, and he raises his hand to hit me back, but before he gets the chance he is thrown to the other wall. I spot Julius, and he looks pissed and starts to pound the guys face with his fist over and over again.