Chapter 16

Unknown POV:

  Sir we have a minor problem here.

  What is the problem boy?

  Is it really that hard to grab a little girl and bring her to me alive?

  NO I don't think it is!

  But Sir, I found out that she has a beloved and you'll never guess who it is. Well spit it out already who is it!

  It's um well it's the king of Vampires Julius Sir. That's not all 24/7 she has a body guard around at all times when she's at home, at school, or just out and about.

  Alright boy get in touch with the witches, so we can come up with a better plan. For now just keep your eyes on her at all times you got it.

  Yes Sir will do.

  Okay good your dismissed now get out of my sight and do as you are told. Yes sir if you need me just yell.

  Feeling frustrated I sit down and drink some scotch thinking how I'm going to get Star without anyone seeing. Star all I know is you will be mine no matter how long it takes you will be my queen and give me my heir, and we will rule the underworld together controlling every supernatural being and human around here once in for all.

  Julius POV

  As Julius lays his head down, the room is engulfed in darkness, but sleep eludes him. The weight of his decisions and the consequences of his actions press heavily on his chest, making it difficult to breathe. The silence of the night is suffocating, broken only by the sound of his own ragged breaths.

  His mind is a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. Guilt gnaws at him, like a relentless predator stalking its prey. He had hoped that breaking the news to Star would bring them closer, but instead, it tore them apart. The hurt and betrayal he saw in her eyes haunt him, leaving him consumed by regret and self-doubt.

  Every word she yelled at him echoes in his ears, reverberating through his thoughts like a never-ending symphony of pain. He had wanted to protect her, to shield her from the truth, but now he fears he has done irreparable damage to their relationship. The crack in her voice as she fought back tears etches itself into his memory, a constant reminder of the pain he has caused.

  Julius knows that he must give her the space she needs, as much as it tears him apart to be apart from her. It is a necessary sacrifice, a penance for his mistakes. He vows to keep a watchful eye on her from a distance, to ensure her safety and well-being. But the ache in his heart grows with each passing moment, the longing to be by her side almost unbearable.

  He yearns for a future with her, a chance to start anew and leave behind the shadows of his past. The thought of their love, their connection, is the only thing that keeps him going. It is a flicker of hope in the darkness, a beacon that guides him towards redemption. As Julius closes his eyes, he clings to that flicker of hope, desperately seeking solace in the embrace of sleep. But the night offers no respite.

  The room feels stifling, the air heavy with the weight of uncertainty and the haunting question of whether he will ever be able to mend the shattered pieces of their relationship. Tossing and turning, his mind tormented by visions of what could have been and what may never be, Julius battles with his own demons. The suspense of the situation hangs in the air, creating an atmosphere of tension and unease.

  Each passing second feels like an eternity, as he grapples with the consequences of his actions and the uncertainty of the future. In the depths of the night, Julius finds no solace, no escape from the turmoil within. It is a relentless cycle of guilt, regret, and longing.

  The darkness seems to amplify his fears, making them loom larger and more menacing in his mind. As he lies awake, trapped in his own thoughts, Julius clings to the hope that one day, they will find a way back to each other. But until then, he must endure the suspense, the agony of uncertainty, and the relentless pursuit of redemption.