206 - A Cute Fairy Idol

I sat on the bench of the park, the chosen meeting place for Yui and I. It's a nice and sunny day, one with a cool breeze that flowed through my hair.

I was dressed in my best approximation of a casual date outfit. As in ripped jeans, a white shirt, and an unzipped green jacket. I was going to go with something even more casual but Iris got onto my case.

She's actually the one that chose this outfit. Which is good because I'm not that knowledgeable about fashion.

"Ken!" A familiar and very excited voice yelled.

I looked over to see a short girl wearing a hat, shades, and a mask running over to me. She was also wearing a hoodie and a skirt.

Didn't want any of her idol business to get in the way of this date, I see.

I wish she didn't have to. But she's just that popular, especially with the new album. More popular than ever now.

Glad I accounted for that in the plan.

Yui collided into me, hugging me as she looked up with what I assumed was a grin. I couldn't really tell with both the mask and the sunglasses on.

"Hey." I greeted. "You ready?"

"I've been ready for ages." She let out a blissful sigh.

"Alright, just follow me." I grinned.

Since I invited her on the date I went ahead and planned everything a day in advance. I led her to the first stop on our trip, where we eventually came to a stop in front of a bowling alley.

"A...bowling alley?" Yui hummed in curiosity.

"Haven't been to one of these before?" I asked.

"No, I haven't." She replied.

Perfect.

"Then this first one will be a memorable one." I smiled. "Come on."

We entered the bowling alley, I showed them two tickets I had prepared beforehand, and then got ourselves the proper footwear for the bowling alley. Now the two of us stood in front of one of the lanes.

"Wow, it's so...empty." Yui stated as she looked around. "Actually, wait a second, no one else is here other than us and the staff!"

"Yep." I grinned. "I rented out the whole bowling alley for two hours."

"Wait, what?" She gasped.

"Which means you don't need to hide behind these sunglasses." I plucked them off of her face. "Or this mask either." I pulled down the mask, revealing her rosy cheeks.

She blushed as she stared at me, the shocked "o" shape of her mouth turning into a radiant smile.

She placed her hat on the table at our lane alongside her sunglasses and mask. Then she quickly took off her hoodie, revealing that the skirt was actually part of a beautiful, pink dress.

Her hair was tied up into a bun, most likely to fit under the hat, and I couldn't help but think about how cute it made her look.

I'm so used to seeing her with a specific hairstyle that it just...took me by surprise.

I'm always seeing her with the usual twintails she wears in both idol work and at school. Or her hair being covered by the hat.

"Can't stop staring at me, hm?" She teased. "Did my radiance make you speechless?"

"Yes." I smiled. "I was thinking about how much that hairstyle suited you."

"Such a way with words." She smirked, but her cheeks became rosy once more. "You really like playing with women's hearts."