104 | so i've been told

S3 E15walk on water

S3 E15
walk on water

"SHEPHERD, WILLIAM, I NEED you both in the next rig." The Chief tells the two attendings. "I want you at that scene."

"You're gonna need me here." Derek replies.

"They're reporting lots of closed head injuries and I want you to get in there and bring them back, alive." The Chief replies. "And there a lot of people hit, so they need more general surgeons."

"Fine." Liam nods, as him and Derek walk out to get to the scene.

"What's the news?" The Chief asks Mark, who was standing with them.

"Shepherd and Grey are on the rocks. I think Maddison's ignoring Liam. Burke and Yang got engaged." Mark informs, and the Chief gives him a look of disbelief. "You need highlights... in your hair." Mark nods to his hair. "That's why it looks so odd." Richard raises an eyebrow. "I'm gonna go save lives."

LIAM SIGHS, AS HE hangs up the phone, which had once again told him that the number he was trying to call was unreachable.

"She's probably lost herself in shopping." Derek tells him.

"I thought that too, but even my mother's not answering." Liam replies.

"You worry too much." Derek tells him, with a reassuring smile.

"So I've been told." Liam responds with a small, half-hearted smile.

"OKAY, I NEED SLOAN to cover some of the incoming patients in the ER and then I'm going to need her to go help some more patients." Bailey tells one of the nurses, as she walks to the OR.

"Uh, Dr. Sloan's not here yet." The nurse replies.

"She's not here?" Bailey raises an eyebrow.

"OKAY, THESE ARE ALL non-emergent." Liam tells one of the paramedics.

"Alright." The paramedic replies, walking to the ambulance, while Liam moves on.

A patient gets wheeled past him.

"Ralph?" Liam's eyes widen, as he sees his neighbor getting wheeled by.

"Liam-" Ralph huffs out, his eyes holding a sense of emergency. "I-"

"HELP!" someone calls out. "SOMEONE HELP HERE!"

"Take care of him, alright." Liam tells the paramedic, who was wheeling Ralph on a gurney, and runs towards the woman calling out for help.

"GET THOSE TWO TO a hospital." Liam tells the paramedic. "That one didn't make it."

The paramedic nods, and wheels the patients away, as Liam moves on towards the next patient, and checks him out.

It was chaotic all around, people were running kids were crying, and doctors, firefighters and search and rescue were running around trying to help as many people as they can.

Liam tears off a yellow tag and puts it on the patient, and moves on, to where the search and rescue was moving a plank of what looked like flooring that had been on the ferry boat.

Liam looks around for people to treat, when the sun's light reflects on something stuck on the plank, the ray hitting Liam's eye.

"Wait." He calls out, and rushes towards the officers. "Wait!"

He picks up the object which was stuck on a stray scrape of metal, and had reflected the light, and nods at the officers to move on.

He turns the anklet in his hand, as he thought recognized it.

'There can be a number of same anklets in Seattle', he thinks.

"LIAM!" A woman's hoarse voice yells out, as Liam turns his head. "LIAM!" Irene turns to the firefighter. "That's my son! Please! I-"

"Mom!" Liam's eyes widen, as Irene rushes up to him, as fast as she could, looking injured.

Soot covered her face, as she took short and harsh breaths, as Liam holds her up. She looked traumatized.

"Mom, what's happened to you?" Liam's eyes widen. "Where's Maddison?!" He looks at the blood which was going down the sider of her face. "We gotta get you checked out-"

"Maddison, she's-!" Irene huffs, holding his arms, with begging and scared eyes. "Maddison's-!"

"Mom?" Liam asks, concerned.

"Liam, She's still in there! Maddison's still in there!" Irene rasps out, making the color drain out from Liam face, as he looks back at the ferry accident with wide eyes filled with fear.

a/n

okay short chapter, ik ik

you know guys, i actually get why writers kills off their main characters now