Chapter 14 - No response.

Gold's POV

I was sitting in my room, doing homework. Well, to be honest, I was just sitting at my desk, staring at my books. I kept thinking about lunchtime.

I didn't really handle the situation too well, didn't I?

'Fuck Gold, you just couldn't help yourself to make that shitty comment, couldn't you?' I thought.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said.

The person who walked in was my dear brother.

"Hey Gold, could we talk real quick? I'm going out with Green in a few minutes, but I just wanted to ask you something." He said.

"Ugh... What do you want?" I whined.

"What was that supposed to mean? Y'know, that thing you pulled off in the cafeteria today. What was that?" He asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I shrugged.

"Don't play dumb with me. You know damn well what I'm talking about." He replied, sitting down on my bed.

"You have some beef with Green that I don't know about?" Purple asked.

"No."

"You're lying."

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are! Now tell me!"

"Ugh... Why do you even care?"

"Cause you're my brother and he's my boyfriend!"

"Some brother you are..." I murmured.

"Excuse me?" Purple looked at me in slight disbelief.

"Come on Purple, you know what I'm talking about. Ever since you and Green became a thing you just won't shut up about him." I scoffed.

"Of course I talk about him, he's my boyfriend-" I cut him off.

"It's not just you! It's everyone! Dad, our friend group! Everyone keeps saying 'Purple and Green! Green and Purple!'. What happened to 'Purple and Gold'?" I asked.

The moment I said those words I wanted to slap myself. Shit, why was I being vulnerable with him?!

"...you jealous?" Purple asked.

"Oh no, I'd never be jealous of that attention magnet!" I protested.

"He isn't an attention magnet!"

"Yes he is! He comes into my life and steals all of your and dad's attention for himself! And how is that fair?!" I yelled.

Before Purple could reply, we heard the doorbell.

"That's Green." He said getting up.

He walked over to the door.

"We'll talk about this later, though I gotta say, I've never been this upset with you." Purple gave me a glare.

"Oh please, when are you not upset about something? You've been upset ever since I first met you when we became 'brothers'. It's been 8 years dude! Grow up!" I scoffed.

"If anybody has to grow up, it's you, cause you're still acting like a stupid 8-year-old." He said, before leaving, slamming the door behind him.

I sighed. I walked over to my mirror and looked at myself.

"Great job Gold. Great fucking job." I said bluntly, looking at my reflection.

When I was a kid, I was very talkative and I often drove my dad insane with my blabbering. So he told me to talk to the mirror. I could spend hours having one sided conversations with my reflection. It quickly became a habit for me. Talking to myself like a crazy person.