Chapter 17 - An apology.

Yellow's POV

It's been a week since my argument with Blue. We still haven't made up. I still didn't get an apology.

...okay, maybe I was the one who had to apologize here, but... I couldn't get myself to do that. I was too ashamed and too stubborn to admit that I was wrong.

I was at my locker, getting ready to go home after a long school day, when Blue walked over to me.

"Yellow, I'd like to talk to you."

I sighed. I didn't really want to talk to him right now.

"What do you want?" I asked, not paying much attention to him.

"I... I think we need to break up."

My eyes widened in shock. I looked him in the eyes.

"What?!"

"Look, this was fun and all, but I really don't like what we have going on right now. Cause let's face it Yellow, you're in a very bad state. Your health is in a bad state. And you know how much I care about you. You how much you matter to me. Do you have any idea how much this argument affected me? I haven't been sleeping lately, cause I'm so worried about you. But if you're not planning to change, then I'm not planning to lose my mind over your well being anymore."

I felt a pang of sadness hit me. To be fair, I never really thought about how Blue could be handling the argument...

"But..." I tried to say something, but I couldn't find anything to say. He was right. He was just simply right.

"I'm sorry Yellow, but that's how it is. I'm not saying I'm breaking up with you right now, but I'm saying that I'm considering such an option."

We were both quiet for a moment.

"I don't even know why I'm giving you another chance..." Blue sighed before leaving.

I stood there in complete silence.

'Well, the day has come Yellow. You gotta fix this somehow.' I thought.

I grabbed my stuff and headed home.

'Hmm... How do I apologize. I can't just say sorry, that's too basic. I hurt him so badly after all... Hmm...' I thought on my way there.

As I entered my house, I realized it was weirdly quiet. I looked around, but I couldn't find my parents anywhere. The only thing I found was a note:

Hi Yellow

Turns out our company needed us back sooner than we thought. Make sure to study ans stay out of trouble.

See you on Christmas.

Mom and Dad.

Oh...

Well, at least they were gone now. And since I didn't have them around to stop me, I could fully focus on Blue.

I had to apologize to him today. I couldn't lose him.

|TIME SKIP|

I walked towards Blue's house. I felt very nervous. What if I fuck up even more?

Looked at the bouquet of red roses I held in my hand. It was hella expensive, but then again, anything to make Blue happy. I knew how much he loved flowers. Wierd how I never got them for him before.

I walked over to the door.

Now or never.

I rang the doorbell and waited.

Soon enough, Blue opened the door. His hair was messier than usual and his eyes were red. Poor thing was probably crying again.

"Y- Yellow?" He asked, looking at me with such surprise as if I were a ghost.

"Before you say anything, let me talk. Okay?" I took a deep breath. "I wanted to apologize for being such a dick to you Blue. I was just overwhelmed by the pressure my parents were putting on me, but isn't an excuse for my actions. Cause you were right. I was too selfish to think about how you could be feeling about all this. I was too selfish to acknowledge that. So I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I said and did. I know you're thinking about breaking up, but please, please, think about it again, okay? I really don't want to lose you. Oh, also, I got you these." I handed him the flowers.

Blue took the flowers. He looked at them, then at me, then at the flowers and then at me again. He was completely quiet before breaking down crying. He tossed himself at me, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Y- Yellow!" He cried out, pressing his face against my chest.

I smiled and hugged him back. We held eachother for a moment before Blue pulled away, a bit calmer this time.

"I- I dunno what to say... I- I didn't expect all this..." Blue muttered out, wiping his eyes.

"So... Do you accept my apology?" I asked.

"Of course I do idiot! I thought I made it clear by now!" He chuckled slightly.

Seeing him happy again caused a smile to form on my face.

"You like the flowers?" I asked.

"Oh yeah! I love them! They're beautiful!" He looked at the roses in his hands. "You didn't have to get them though..."

"Yes I did! I've never given you flowers before, so I thought this was a good opportunity to do that. Besides, I know how much you like plants and stuff."

"True..."

Blue leaned over to me.

"I missed you so much baby. So much."

And then he kissed me. It felt so good to feel his lips on mine again. I gladly kissed him back. After a moment we pulled away.

"I love you Yellow. I love you so much!"

"Heh, I love you too baby. I love you too."

We stood there for a moment before Blue spoke up again.

"Oh, by the way, you wanna come inside?" Blue asked.

Only now I realized were were still standing in front of Blue's house.

"Yeah, sure. Your mom won't mind?"

"She's at work, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind. Come on. I have a few ideas how we could spend time together~" He smirked, taking my hand and leading me inside.

Well, this was gonna be a fun afternoon.

--------------------

HELLLOOOO!!!!!!

I AM SO SORRY YOU HAD TO WAIT SO LONG FOR THIS CHAPTER HOLY SHIIIIT!!!

I had this chapter planned for a while, but I decided to change it in the middle of writing. That's how I ended up re-writing it 5 times.

But yeah, I hope you enjoyed it!

About the song: no song, sorry. Next chapter will have one though~

Words: 1085

Stay safe guys and I will see you in the next chapter :3