CHAPTER 19: ASSASSINATION MISSION(1)

Manager Oh worked for the country’s biggest video game distributor,?Punk,?and he was facing a predicament. However, it wasn’t one of the typical concerns of his age like hair loss or his child's grades.

“Why did I bring this damn American fantasy game from overseas?”

He felt concerned about the sales of a certain game imported from North America called Kingdom Age. It had excellent critic and user reviews, but strangely couldn’t sustain itself. He had predicted that the game wouldn’t do amazing, but he had never expected this.

“This is too little.”

The game sold less than expected and they couldn’t do much about it. The executives would disapprove even if he proposed new promotions or events for the struggling game. He needed a good reason to promote it again.

‘If only there was a new star player…’

The game didn’t even have an esports scene. One simply bought and played it. A star player rising from this game was something unimaginable.

Hmph.

Manager Oh laughed at himself.

‘Well, this is sad.’

His heart ached as he sat and watched the game plummet in sales.

“...?”

While he was thus wallowing in despair, a video that seemed like a blessing caught his eye.

“What’s this?”

It showed a user attempting the bow challenge. The editing exaggerated the plays, but the plays had really happened.

‘And this is a beginner?’

The comments said that this user had just recently started playing. He looked charming, too.

‘Why is this guy streaming instead of working as a model? Actually, thank you for streaming!’

This player looked like a piece of unrefined ore, full of possibilities. His advertisement rate would be cheaper than that of major streamers. Plus, he had huge potential.

‘If he gets the right support…’

Slam!

Manager Oh slammed his keyboard without thinking.

“This is it!”

His coworkers looked at him strangely, but he didn’t care. He clicked the link to Almond’s broadcasts and watched the previous clips.

‘This… this will definitely work!’

The viewers’ reactions, the trending videos, gameplay, and streaming capabilities… This player had it all. He looked handsome in the interview, too.

Ding—?

A follower-only notification appeared.

[Almond is starting his stream!]

Manager Oh’s jaws dropped.

‘How lucky!’

Almond didn’t have a particular schedule, but he coincidentally began streaming as Manager Oh was checking his channel.