CHAPTER 22: ASSASSINATION MISSION(4)

The guards protecting the castle all disappeared. Now, the time to enter had arrived.

“I’m going in now.”

Almond opened the door and entered. The castle lord waited for him like in a movie scene.

“I secretly infiltrated, but you were already waiting for me,” Almond muttered to himself without much thought.

— LOL

— Yeah, for real.

— What was the point LOL

— Small indie company I guess.

— Hahaha.

Almond touched upon a subject that gamers longed for. He made an objective evaluation of the game because he never played it before.

‘Anyways, is that castle lord the boss?’

He thought the castle lord would be a fat, old man. However, the one who stood in front of him wore black armor and looked more like a knight. It felt like he would attack at any moment.

As expected…

KANG!

A huge sword suddenly came flying towards Almond. The sword seemed like it could shatter bones with just a graze. No, it was more like a blunt weapon that mimicked a blade.

“Are you alone?” the castle lord asked while sitting on his chair. He looked unfazed even after that huge swing.

‘Guess he is the boss.’

Almond grabbed his bow without a response.

“!”

Only now did he realize.

‘Where should I aim?’

He couldn’t find anywhere to hit.

The king’s black armor was basically a massive piece of iron. It offered him complete protection and covered his entire body like a shield of darkness.

Even a divine bow couldn’t penetrate such iron.

— Why isn’t he shooting?

— I don’t think there’s an opening.

— ????

— Oh shit…

— Does he need to shoot with a crossbow or something?

— Yeah, I don’t think a bow will do the trick.

Gulp.

Almond’s neck trembled and the tension increased again.

‘I don’t think it’ll penetrate.’

He felt it too. There was no way to penetrate that black armor.

Almond looked around for an answer.

‘Shouldn’t there be another way? Maybe some sort of trick?’