CHAPTER 30: WAR(4)

The field that Almond stood on echoed with the sound of bows and enemy screams.

Swoosh! Thwack!

“Keugh!”

“Urgh!”

The well-trained soldiers fell like Jenga blocks. Only three remained from the initial forty.

Almond had decimated almost a hundred soldiers by himself.

— How many has he killed…

— Insane!

— Shudders…?

— Boss, you’re killing me!

— Can you do a hundred headshot kills in a row?

The record number of consecutive headshots in Kingdom Age?was one hundred.

Almond would soon beat that record, which made every shot he took even more nerve-wracking.

“Now it’s 770,000 won.”

Almond simply counted his earnings despite the viewers’ nervousness. He showed no signs of anxiety at all. He only saw the enemy heads as targets and only heard the wind as a guide.

Swoosh!

The wind against his skin told him where to shoot.

Creak…

Almond aimed for one of the remaining three.

“God… dammit!”

The target chose to die fighting instead of fleeing. He charged towards Almond with his blade and a determined look.

Thwack!

Almond’s arrow already pierced his head.

“Dammit! Just run!”

“I’m already running!”

The remaining two fled in fear. Could the forty soldiers have gotten him if they charged together with all their might? Who knows? No one could confirm it now since it was too late to wonder about what-ifs.

“Kugh…”

One of the fleeing soldiers screamed and fell. Only their dying breath could be heard.

The other one screeched in horror and ran even quicker as Almond aimed at him next.

However, Almond lowered his bow.

Ah… I’m out of arrows.”

The last enemy got lucky. Almond had exactly eighty arrows and used an extra one to deflect the arrow earlier.

— Ah, damn.

— He barely lived.

— We’ll let you live!

— He actually let him live haha.

An archer couldn’t do much after running out of arrows. He had to acquire more arrows to fight again.