CHAPTER 20: ASSASSINATION MISSION(2)

Manager Oh widened his eyes.

‘Kill the castle lord?’

He also played Kingdom Age?and considered himself a hardcore player, but never saw such a reckless quest before.

‘Perhaps if he used a spear and shield…’

Kingdom Age’s?most stable build consisted of using the spear and shield together. It might be possible if one mastered that combination.

‘Bows… are meant to shoot from a distance or to assassinate.’

Infiltrating the castle to kill the lord would be nearly impossible.

First, their security system would alert all the guards if a single one died. Two guards in the same place had to be killed simultaneously or completely avoided or silently killed one after the other.

‘And that castle lord…’

The castle lord named Talorant happened to be Almond’s counter.

‘There’s no way to kill him with just an arrow…’

Almond couldn’t kill Talorant even if he managed to get through the countless guards. Talorant always wore a special black armor tougher and heavier than any other soldier’s.

‘But what if he actually manages to do it with a bow?’

Manager Oh might be able to convince his superiors if Almond succeeded. They would be sponsoring a guaranteed star.

‘I can confidently guarantee that he’ll be a star.’

Manager Oh liked Almond, who had a neat image and skills. However, a star required an x-factor.

He watched as Almond made a choice.

***

“I promise to accept if it’s for you.”

Emilia brightly smiled at him. Her smile alone made him think he made the right choice.

— Kya, the first choice was the right one.

— Who cares if we die if Emilia is happy?

— Let’s go and die!

— Haha for real.

The viewers thought the same. They responded great and seemed excited to see how Almond would clear this mission.

— I’m so curious about how Almond is gonna do this.

— What do you mean how he’s gonna do it? He’ll die right away.

— Are you a newcomer? Almond doesn’t die. He only dies when he gets donations.

– 100,000 won and he instantly dies.

Some hoped he would fail. In fact, most of them felt that way.

— But still, isn’t it too much to ask for?

— LOL yeah.

— Anyone who’s done the castle invasion mission knows that it’s insanely difficult. I guess newcomers won’t know.