CHAPTER 39: FIRST PLACE ALONE (1)

A squad usually referred to special forces in the military. In Battle Large,?it meant a 4 player team and the squad mode consisted of team matches. This game mode wasn’t necessarily limited to 4 players. Players could also play as a duo, trio, or even solo.

Almond was fighting against other teams of four by himself. He had defeated three, but one enemy remained and shot him.
Ping.

“Kugh!”

He felt a sudden pain in his chest.

Woong…?

His body felt like it was floating.

‘What… is this…’

His thoughts turned blank and all he could see was the sky. A radiant blue sky.

The sticky blood flowing out of him felt too real.

‘Damn.’

This realism was extraordinary.

‘I’ve been shot.’

He picked himself up as the realization settled in.

Ting!

Sparks flew from where he was just lying.

He would’ve died on the spot if he hadn’t gotten up.

“Heek!”

His heart pounded even faster. For a moment, he felt like he’d be forced to log out of the game.

Almond opened his eyes and quickly rolled away.

Ting! Ting!?

Sparks followed and constantly reminded him of the danger.

“Hugh… Hugh…”

He successfully escaped for now and hid behind some debris. Almond calmed himself by taking slow, deep breaths.

— LOL

— Wow.

— Playing solo in squad mode.

— Crazy.

— Rolling out LOL

— Did he survive?

— Playing squad mode for his first round.

He maintained a business mindset even in this situation and glanced over the chat.

‘What?’

The viewers didn’t seem to realize the gravity of the situation. He was really in danger for a moment there.

‘Why did my heart rate go up so high?’

Every capsule machine was integrated with a heart rate monitor and various sensors, which made it possible to monitor and record different stats.

His gauge went from yellow to orange. He would’ve been forcefully disconnected if it had turned red for even a second.

‘Is this just me?’

He felt confused and wondered if this only happened to him because of the game’s realism.