CHAPTER 21: ASSASSINATION MISSION(3)

A hand rose through the gap in the wall under the dark sky and shadows.

Thud.

The hand grasped the wall as if gripping gravel.

“Huaap!”

Almond exhaled one last time and finally reached the top of the castle wall.

“Wow, this is intense.”

Nothing would ever be easy in this game.

“Everything else is hellish except for shooting the bow.”

Indeed, from Almond’s perspective, everything was more difficult than shooting a bow.

— ????

— That’s the hardest.

— That’s enough, boss.

— You even did a great job climbing. It usually takes three or more attempts LOL

— Yeah… did you train or something?

‘Training… yeah I did.’

Almond completed all the capsule training at the highest difficulty in the morning. He planned to repeat it every day and found this repetitive training familiar as an experienced athlete.

“Let me move the corpses first.”

Almond dragged the two corpses and threw them into a hidden fortification.

Then he carefully adjusted his black hood and approached the next target.

Another guard holding a torch could be seen.

“What the… where are the torches?” the new guard foolishly mumbled and scratched his head.

“Are those guys sleeping again?”

Almond realized the guards seemed lax in their duties from just those words. He smiled in the dark and pulled his bowstring.

Creak…?

— It’s dangerous if they hear screams from this close.

— The castle is just behind.

The chat expressed their concerns.

Swoosh—?

The opponent couldn’t even scream and instantly collapsed.

Kuugh—?

Only the slight sound of blood gushing out could be heard. The guard couldn’t even make a loud noise because the arrow pierced the center of his throat and punctured his vocal cords.

— Wow!

— Shit!

— We can barely even see.

— Just. Crazy.

— Neck shots are instant kill too?

— Necks are also a vital point and count as a perfect shot.