CHAPTER 7: WHO'S ALMOND? (2)

‘One hundred eighty-nine viewers are watching me.’

Sang-Hyeon gulped. He didn’t get nervous easily, but couldn’t help it in this unfamiliar situation.

Phew…

He subconsciously sighed as part of his usual routine to calm down before grabbing a bow. He closed his eyes and let out a small breath to momentarily distance himself from the world.

He told himself this wasn't the world he lived in. This was a third-person video game. His name was Yu Sang-Hyeon and he was currently playing as an avatar. He slowly opened his dry lips.

“Alright, I’ll continue where I left off yesterday.”

Sang-Hyeon purposely didn’t mention the number of viewers. Rookie streamers always made this mistake. Instead of going straight to bed yesterday, Sang-Hyeon studied popular streams and how they maintained their views or minimized issues. He compiled a list of what the top streamers avoided and placed it beside his screen for reference.

Mentioning the number of viewers had been one of those things to avoid. It broke the viewer’s attention when they came to watch. They would compare him to other generic streamers if he did generic things like that.

He had to avoid that at all costs and immerse the viewers in his gameplay. He had to avoid being labeled as a generic streamer.

Sang-Hyeon wanted them to think of him as a friend. It should be like a friend streaming for other friends to watch.

People always watched others play dating back to the ancient times of Chosun when commoners stopped to watch street games. Then it became arcade battles in the 1990s, local competitions in PC cafes during the mid-2000, and now watching online streams.

Viewers should be warmly embraced rather than having them on edge. He thought of the best thing to say and welcomed them.

“RubySword, EggPlant, Mr. Dummy, and many more! Thank you for coming back to my stream. It’s nice to see you again.”

He shouted out the viewers who returned.

— Hello hello!

— Hehe, you remembered.

— Rejoice, Day 1s!

— Day 1s unite!

— There are already OGs on the second day of the stream!

— Maybe Almond is a streamer genius?

Their reactions seemed great. The other viewers poked fun, but secretly envied the day one viewers who busily greeted Sang-Hyeon. They loved to chat and should feel much closer after he acknowledged them.

“I progressed a bit after ending the stream yesterday. Roman introduced me to the mercenary CEO and he assigned us a new mission.”

The second most important thing, big streamers usually skipped the boring gameplay and simply summarized what happened.

— Oooo.

— Mercenary CEO LOL

— Call it labor company, Mercenary.