CHAPTER 26: EMILIA(2)

Emilia made a face on Almond’s stream that became a widely popular meme.

[Emilia’s face when she heard Almond’s response.jpg]

— Jesus Christ.

— She can make that kind of face?

— LOL

— I guess she’s a person too.

— How surprised was she? LOL

— She looks like the scream.

└ Lmao I see it.

└ Me too LOL.

— I don’t blame her. She said to kill the lord, but he decimated the entire castle.

Emilia normally acted refined and collected as you would expect from a royal. Hence, her reaction became viral.

“You killed them all because it was heavily guarded? This is my first time hearing something like that. Don’t the guards exist to prevent that from happening?”

“Is that so?”

Almond’s blunt response left Emilia blushing. A common mercenary had swayed a royal lady.

Ahem. You’re saying the castle is empty now, correct?” Emilia looked the other way and asked him.

“Yes, no one is there anymore.”

“We shouldn’t waste any time then. Let’s go right away.”

Emilia called her servants and her carriage resumed its path. She would take over the people of that land before other royals could spread their influence.

“Almond?”

“Yes.”

“What are you doing?”

“Uh…”

“Get in, quick.”

Emilia gave Almond, a mere mercenary, a spot in the center of the carriage. A lady offering the carriage’s center seat was quite uncommon.

— Woah, don’t you have to reach full rapport to get that?

— Oh shit!

— Hoho…

— Almond! How’d you do it?

The viewers felt surprised because Almond hadn’t completed any rapport quests to win her favor, yet Emilia fell head over heels for him.

— Why complete any rapport quests when you can just take over a castle?

— Yeah!

— I agree!

— I’ll just stick with rapport quests…

— Me too LOL

— How are we supposed to take over a castle LOL

— I guess you can win her over with achievements too…

Players discovered for the first time that they could also earn rapport with regular quest completion.

An overwhelming achievement could even change the heart. Almond basically won the lady’s heart with his bow alone.

“I’m curious about you.”

A cutscene took place in the carriage.
Emilia expressed her interest in Almond.

“How can you be so… powerful? I’ve seen many soldiers up until now, but none have proven themselves like you.”