CHAPTER 4: GAME START (1)

Sang-Hyeon wept embarrassingly in a capsule cafe he had never been to before.

‘I can’t believe it works.’

Ten years. He hadn’t held a bow in ten years.

Sang-Hyeon told Ju-Hyeok he didn’t remember those days. However…

‘There’s no way I could forget.’

His mind wouldn’t let him, especially that day when the car accident happened. He could still see it clearly in his head.

The emotions he felt when he heard he would never be able to use his right hand again. Those feelings always lingered with him. He would even see the doctor’s cold-hearted look in a crowd sometimes.

Sniffle… Sigh…

He clenched his teeth to stop his tears, but they kept pouring out. He couldn’t understand why.

Was it from the joy of finally being able to shoot after ten years? Or the realization that he lived the last decade as an empty person?

He wasn’t sure. Nonetheless, he felt something boiling deep inside him that eventually leaked through his eyes.

“Hey… Sang-Hyeon.” Ju-Hyeok came up, not knowing what to do.

Sang-Hyeon pushed him away.

“Don’t come near me. This is so embarrassing…”

Sang-Hyeon wiped his tears with the tissue beside him and shooed Ju-Hyeok away.

He calmed down a bit as the owner approached and tapped his shoulder.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, thank you. It just took me back.”

“I wish I could understand… but I don’t think I can. However, I’m in awe.”

“Sorry?”

“The fact that you’re still so passionate about the dreams you had as a youth.”

Sang-Hyeon simply thought the owner had read too many comics or fairytales.

However, that didn’t matter after Sang-Hyeon heard his next words.

The owner immediately earned Sang-Hyeon’s respect.

“I’ll sell it to you for seven million won.”

“!?”

Sang-Hyeon’s eyes almost popped out.

'Seven… seven million? He's not talking about the capsule machine, is he?'

From his research, even used ones fetched around twenty million won. Selling it for seven million would definitely be a loss.

“Are you talking about some other device? Not a capsule machine, right?”

“No, I’m talking about a capsule machine. You said you wanted to stream, right? This one comes with all the streaming features built in. It’s an older model, but it won’t be too shabby for a start.”