Don't spill my Secrets Part 2: Drawings and Butterflies

Notes:

Protective Lauren

• School AU

Work Text:

Camila was sitting in her car before school. She was nervous. She went to bed last night ready for today. She had a new haircut nobody was expecting and she felt good about that but she was also remembering yesterday in every embarrassing detail.

Lauren had reassured her that it would be okay but now, sitting alone in her car, she was scared again. The only positive about this situation was that Lauren had been there right by her side and tonight she was completely coming clean to her about how she felt. She was hoping that after tonight, Lauren would still be her friend.

Camila was so lost in thought she didn't see Dinah stroll up to her car. She knocked on the window making her jump slightly. She was laughing, Camila rolled her eyes and gave her the finger. Laughing as she got out of the car.

She eyed the hair, she did the same thing Lauren did and rubbed the shaved area of her head. It felt good but not like how Lauren did it. Camila was learning this was a perk of having a half shaved head though. Camila smiled to herself, head rubs and scratches. Hell yeah.

They started walking towards school. Dinah bumped Camila with her shoulder, "I know you're probably not but, you doing okay Walz?"

Camila shrugged her shoulders, "I'm nervous. I know people are going to point and talk about me. I hate when people talk bad about me behind my back."

Dinah nodded along, "How are you and Lauren doing? She left yesterday saying she was going to talk to you. I told her not to mess with you too much."

Camila appreciated Dinah. She was like her older sister, "Thank you DJ. She came by yesterday. She smacked Ariana for me! We went out to do our hair, she even let me pick the color. She's coming over tonight. I told her I plan on telling her everything. My diary. Everything. She's been really understanding and kind. I just hope she'll still be my friend after I tell her everything tonight."

Camila could see people whispering to each other. Some were trying to sneak pictures. Most of it was focused around her hair. Maybe this would help distract people from what happened yesterday. Maybe she was worried for nothing. Until they walked into school and there was Lauren and Luis by Luis's locker. Camila instantly felt her jealousy rise but as soon as she did, her guilt rose even further. Maybe she wasn't ready to do this today.

She was a big girl though and they were her friends. She'd deal with it like she did every day. Camila and Dinah met up with Lauren and Luis. Lauren gave Camila a small smile.

Luis whistled at Camila, "Look at that hair. It's looking good Camila."

Camila blushed and looked down at her feet. "Luis I want to say."

Luis gave a wave of his hand, "Cam it's okay. We'll talk about it some other time. It's okay."

Camila felt relieved but also made herself feel even more guilty. She had been getting jealous of Luis for almost a year now. She hated herself for it. Plus she knew Lauren was his girlfriend. She knew Lauren was with Luis but the way she thought about Lauren, especially in the evening in the privacy of her own room. Just the thoughts of Lauren like that made Camila's blush an even deeper shade of red.

Ally came skipping up to them, "Hi guys! Ooh Camila, new hair!" Ally started rubbing the prickly part of her shaved head. She was instantly enthralled with it.

Austin bounded up to them. He wouldn't look Camila in the face at all, "Have you all seen the rest of my snapbacks? I know you all know something." Austin was holding two of his snapbacks that looked completely destroyed.