Close Your Eyes and I'll Kiss You

The OG Author: missanomalous on ao3

Summary:

Lauren likes being around Camila when Camila isn’t really around.

Notes:

• Fluff

• Cuddling

• Secret relationship

Yo guys, sorry for not updating for so long, I'm currently on a vacation so that's why but I've still been convering and writing a lot of stuff. I have a lot of drafts of one shots as well as chapters of the story HEAD OVER HEELS. I'll update HEAD OVER HEELS most likely on Monday since that's the day that I'll be coming back. Anyways thanks for being patient, meanwhile enjoy this one shot :)))

Work Text:

She walks her fingers across the expanse of bare skin between Camila's shirt and sweatpants. Strolls would be a more appropriate word, as she takes her time. Every once in awhile the brush of her fingers will send a small quiver across the muscles there and she has to look back up to ensure the Latina has remained asleep.

Lauren does this whenever she wakes up first, in the least creepy way she can. She just likes to be around Camila while Camila isn’t exactly around. Likes to quietly explore the girl next to her while she still sleeps. Because she can be so damn talkative while she’s awake that sometimes the raven-haired girl wonders if all of this sneaking around is even worth it. So Lauren takes her silent moments when she can get them and sometimes she’ll touch Camila (sliding her fingers through the ends of her hair, feeling the pulse beat at the bottom of her forearm) and sometimes she just looks.

Because Camila is a really weird sleeper. Somedays she clings to whatever’s nearby (a pillow, the edge, Lauren), while others she’s spread eagle, sometimes she’s curled up. It’s kind of fascinating to see what she ends up like in the mornings. Today is stiff as a board with one hand up underneath her pillow, causing her shirt to raise and giving Lauren the opportunity to tread softly across the tan skin below her navel.

But her quiet moment is ruined when her hand slips just slightly, the tickle enough to cause Camila's eyes to flutter open like she’s some Disney princess (she has the hair for it, Lauren will readily admit). When she clues in to where she is, the dopey smile Lauren sometimes hates, but has to love, appears. Camila, it would seem, is especially fond of catching Lauren in the middle of one of her silent moments, enjoys the feeling of being worshipped by the girl who is too stubborn to even admit to liking Camila until her arm is twisted.

“Good morning,” she begins, far too cheekily. Old Lauren would have hated it. New Lauren still kind of does.

“Morning,” she mumbles in return as she straightens out on the bed, turning to lie on her back. Camila follows her, however, apparently set on silently rubbing it in that she caught Lauren in a moment of vulnerability. But she surprises Lauren (like, for the first time in the five months, since their rather dramatic first kiss) by leaning in to bite at her earlobe.

Oh. Well, she supposes the ego boost would have put her in the mood as well, so she accepts Camila's kiss when the other girl bestows one upon her lips, morning breath and all. Accepts it and gives in return as Camila leans over her more, giving Lauren the opportunity to tangle her hands in that Disney princess hair. Camila always kisses Lauren like they’re in a movie, like she’s waiting for Lauren to pull away at any minute, so she gives it her all while she can. And Lauren can’t help but feel slightly bad at causing this neurosis, so she tries (she really does) to return in kind, to assure her that at after five months she really does want to be kissing Camila. Even if she doesn’t particularly want to be seen kissing Camila.