A Rainy Day's Effect

The OG author: g00se_on_the_beach1206 on ao3

Summary:

It's a rainy day at Hollywood Arts. Camila and Lauren just so happened to get themselves on cleanup duty for another play and are the last to leave school. Stuck together for hours at a time, what could possibly go wrong?

Notes:

Frenemies to Lovers

Sexual Tension

Soft Lauren Jauregui

Work Text:

The two girls had been working on cleaning up the auditorium for a couple of hours now and had finally finished. Lauren was the first to pack up her things and quickly head to the door.

She yanked the door open and exited but before the door could slam close, Camila heard a powerful voice say: "Bye Cabello."

"Goodnight Lau-" the slam of the door cut her off. Camila turned to her things and packed up before exiting as well.

She assumed that Lauren would have been long gone by now so she'd need to get someone else to pick her up. She pulled out her phone and went to her friend's contact, hoping she wasn't busy.

She looked up from her phone to catch a glimpse of where she was going when she realized she had already made it to the school's doors.

When she looked up she saw the older girl who she'd been working with, waiting, leaning next to the exit with her phone in hand seeming to be scrolling on something. Camila was curious.

"Waiting for someone?" She asked.

"Yeah, come on" The green eyed girl demanded. Camila gave a confused look so the older girl continued, "You don't have a ride do you?"

"No, I don't but I was just gonna ask Dinah-"

"There's no need for that, give me your umbrella" Lauren cut her off. Camila obliged and handed her the umbrella. Lauren snatched it and opened it swiftly before slowing down.

Lauren turned around before grabbing Camila's wrist and exiting the building. The older girl brought the popstar close, they squeezed together under the umbrella. Camila had never been so close to Lauren before. Her heart felt light and her face was getting unbearably hot.

Camila knew she had a crush on Lauren, she'd known for a while now. Ever since Lauren and Luis broke up they had gotten closer but Camila had always assumed that her affection would never be returned. But still, her liking for Lauren had never ceased. Camila always had this hope in the back of her head that maybe one day Lauren would start to feel the same way she did even if it seemed impossible given their relationship she still hoped.

"Ready?" sounded a voice beside Camila, snapping her out of her thoughts. The two were about to make the dreadful walk to Lauren's car.

"Yeah" Camila replied as she placed her hand on the handle of the umbrella.

...

...

Her hand was on Lauren's. Camila had just made the unbelievably stupid mistake of putting her hand on Lauren's when grabbing for the umbrella handle.

Why would she even think of putting her hand there when she knew Lauren's hand would be there? This had to have been the worst and most awkward moment of her entire life.

Should she move it?

Should she let go of the umbrella?

Or, should she just keep it there?