Chapter 4: James

"RAVENCLAW!"

Lily headed towards the Ravenclaw table where Hermione Longbottom greeted her.

The Sorting continued. And then-

"Weasley, Hugo!"

It took a minute, "HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Settle down," the headmistress ordered when the Sorting was over. She didn't have to shout or anything because everyone feared her, so she was always heard. I remember Aunt Hermione's horror when it was announced that Bellatrix Lestrange would be headmistress of Hogwarts.

"Now, students, you have been sorted into your houses. We have a very, very, very special guest tonight. And I expect you to treat him with every ounce of respect that you could possibly muster," she smiled cruelly, "Welcome, Minister."

Voldemort stood. His cold eyes scanned every perimeter of the Great Hall. He was about to make that same speech about the Hogwarts Games again.

"The Hogwarts Games are a fight of honor."

Lies.

"I'm sure everyone knows of the Battle of Hogwarts. To many of you, your own parents fought in it. Some fought for me. Others fought against me. And it was a long fight. But we won. And the entire point of the Hogwarts Games is not punishment, but order. Let the Reaping commence."

Bellatrix conjured eight large goblets. Each had a blue flame cackling inside it. Two had a badger engraved on them, two had ravens, two had lions, and two had serpants. Each was labeled with either "Male" or "Female."

"There will be twenty four tributes, six tributes from each house," Voldemort announced, "Three males and three females. Volunteers are allowed, but they must be in the same house and be the same gender."

Bellatrix mockingly pretended to be deep in thought, "Now which one should we start with this year? How abooooooouuuuttt- Hufflepuff? Ladies first!"

One of the Hufflepuff goblets spit out a small piece of parchment. Voldemort slowly unfolded end the small slip. He smiled maliciously before saying, "Ginerva Alice Longbottom."

All heads turned towards the Hufflepuff table. Ginny looked like she was trying not to cry, but not really succeeding. I saw her take a deep breath before walking towards the podium. Frank grabbed her arm and cried, "NO! Please!"

He turned towards Voldemort and pleaded, "Please! This has to be a mistake! Take me! I volunteer!"

The Death Eater table bursted into laughter, "A Longbottom! And a first year too!"

Voldemort replied coldly with a hint of amusement, "There are no mistakes in the Hogwarts Games. And you cannot volunteer for her. Let go now, you stupid little boy."

Frank hesitated and a voice commanded, "Frank. Let her go. You can't do anything about it."

I turned and saw Professor Longbottom watch his two children sadly. It must've been torture for him.

"Now," Voldemort said, "any permitted volunteers?"

Professor Longbottom looked at the Hufflepuff table desperately. No one volunteered.

Ginny went to go sit at the tribute table. It was in front of the Great Hall, where everybody could see her. She collapsed with her head in her hands and I saw her body shaking violently.

Professor Longbottom took a step towards the tribute table, but Bellatrix said warningly, "Stay we're you are... Professor."

"Next tribute..."