Chapter 12: Lily

"James Sirius Potter."

Seven minutes later, he returned.

"How'd you do?" I asked.

"Great."

"Then why do you look so worried?"

"Albus."

"What did he do?"

"I don't know. We'll have to wait until he tells us or the interviews, when they show it."

"Lily Luna Potter," I heard.

I muttered, "Wish me luck."

The first thing I noticed when I walked into the room was the large tarp covering up the wall. I had learned long ago not to ask questions.

"Well, get on with it," Bellatrix said, noticing what I was looking at, "And don't even think about pulling a stunt like your brother's."

Enchanted dummies began to come towards me. They were armed with wands.

I was barely paying attention. I kept thinking about Albus. The spells came to me randomly. Sectumsempra. Levicorpus. Expelliarmus. Stupefy.

Suddenly, I was blasted off my feet.

"Maybe someone should start paying attention," Greyback snarled.

I tried the bow. The judges looked more impressed now.

"Is that all?"

"Well," I said uncomfortably, "I know trivial things."

"Then let's see it," Bellatrix waved her wand and suddenly vines entangled me. I struggled against them and then remembered. This was Devil's Snare.

"Lumos."

"Good, good. I think we've seen enough. You may go."

As I left, I realized how much we were nearing the Games. We had the interviews, the weighing of the wands, and our farewells left. And then that would be it. The Games would begin.

And then we play.

~*~

I'm really sorry this update took so long and this chapter was waaaay to short. I've been working on some other things, but I'll try to keep it up on this.