Chapter 28: James

"Here's the plan," I said next morning.

"Plan?" Lily wondered.

"Plan. It's us versus them," Boot's face been projected into the night sky yesterday, "We can't always wait for them to make the first move. If that's our objective, we might as well point those wands at ourselves."

"So what's your plan?" Colin asked.

"Wait a moment," Scorpius said, "What about the spy? Surely, the spy will report back to Goyle about this."

"We've decided to take our chances," Hermione replied, "Even if we didn't have a plan, the spy would still report back to Goyle. At least, this way, we have a fighting chance."

"We outnumber them, which works to our advantage," I explained slowly so they would understand, "But they have a spy—"

"And took half of our supplies," Colin pointed out.

"Yes, Mr. Positive. And so, I say we ambush them."

"How?" Albus asked.

I snapped exasperatingly, "I'm getting to that. Okay, so we'll need one person to distract them. Only one, too many will draw too much attention. And— hold up!"

Colin, Scorpius, Ginny, Hugo, Lily, and Albus had all raised their hands simultaneously and said in unison, "I'll do it.

"Let me continue. We'll need one distraction. Two lookouts, who will stay near the distraction in case something happens. If something happens to the distraction, the lookouts will use a signal to signal us."

"Huh?"

"Okay, James, you're horrible at this, I'll do it," Hermione said.

I feigned offense at that, "Really?"

"Really. Okay, this is how it'll start," Hermione began," We will have one distraction. They will start a fire anywhere in this area. And then they will immediate set off to the cave that where we were ambushed before, where another fire will be set up. The lookouts will follow. And then they will run into the clearing where Molly—" she choked up, swallowed, and then started again, "And from there, the last fire will be set. The lookouts and distraction will hide themselves. They must hide themselves very well. That is essential. And then the lookouts, who'll will be spread out when hiding, by the way, are going to shoot red sparks and hold them off long enough for us to get there. The minute you Goyle and his gang come into the clearing, shoot red sparks into the air, and the rest of us will come running. And the pieces fall into place," Hermione concluded.

"Any questions?" I added.

"Who's going to be the distraction? And the lookouts?" Albus said.

"Hermione and I are on lookout duty," I answered.

"I'll be on distraction duty," Lily piped.

Albus and I said together without hesitation, "No."

"Why?"

"Mum and Dad aren't here and I'm the oldest," I told her, "And I forbid you to risk your life."

"And you aren't doing it either," Hermione snapped at Ginny, who had started to open her mouth to say something.

"Rose isn't here—" Hugo began.

"I'm doing it," Colin interrupted, "You've got a sister to go home to."

Hugo started to protest but Colin just said, "Drop it. It's final."

Hermione nodded, "It's settled then. We're doing it tomorrow."