Chapter 14: Albus

"Lily! Wait! Come back! I didn't mean it," I pleaded while running after her.

"Yes, you do! Stop lying! You're a liar- Oof!" She ran into someone.

By the time I caught up, the person she ran into was helping her up, "Oh, I'm really sorry."

"It's fine," Scorpius Malfoy muttered, "What were you talking about? Who's a liar?"

"Me, apparently," I said.

"What did you do?" Scorpius asked curiously.

"That's not for you to worry about," I lashed out at him.

"Well then," he said, a bit hurt, "I was just concerned."

He walked away and Lily glared at me, "You didn't have to sound so rude. It's not him you're mad at."

"I'm not mad at you."

"No, but I'm mad at you," she crossed her arms, "Well?"

"What?"

She rolled her eyes, "What did you want to say to me? I've stopped. Start talking."

"Er- I- Lily- James-"

And then she slapped me across the face.

I blinked several times, stunned. She started crying again, "Albus, don't do it. Don't risk your life for me."

"But-"

"Albus, you may be my brother, you may be brave and noble. But you're also really stupid. I can take care of myself. Promise me that you'll try to stay alive."

"There only one-"

"I know that, we'll worry about when the time comes. Now, promise."

"I promise."

"So what's your image?" She asked, as if none if that had ever happened.