Chapter 26: Albus

The rest of the day passed quite uneventfully. We managed to make camp in a deserted clearing obscured by trees. It wasn't a fortified military base with top notch protection, but honestly, no one said this would be easy. James took about a whole hour and a half to do the protective enchantments with Hermione. Hermione laughed at some joke James had cracked and he winked at her, grinning like an idiot. She pecked him on the cheek and continued to work. I looked away and caught Lily's eye.

She pretended to gag and then returned her attention to Colin, who was munching on an apple slice. He whispered something into her ear and she giggled. I felt a sudden urge to run over to the two and yank them apart from each other. They're only talking. They're friends, I told myself.

Hugo and Molly sorted through food rations. Ginny was casting glances at Hermione and James, and making vomiting motions. They were having no trouble maintaining their star-crossed lovers status.

"You should clean that up," Scorpius sat down next to me, pointing at my bleeding arm.

"Oh, yeah," I looked down at it. I had completely forgotten.

"Here, let me," he grabbed some herbs Lily and Hermione had gathered and made some Muggle healing remedies. He rubbed some sort of sticky paste on my arm. It stung but gave my wound cool relief.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"No problem," he said, "That's what allies are for."

"Yeah," I grunted, "Allies."

"Something wrong?"

"Don't worry about it. I'm just a depressing person."

The rest of the day was spent just lying around and talking amongst ourselves. At sunset, a silver parachute descended upon us, bearing a package.

Colin sat up from where he was lying, "Who's that from?"

Hermione stared at it, "No idea. But who cares? Who is it for is the question."

We watched the package continue to fall until it landed in James's lap.

"Open it," Ginny insisted.

He lifted the top from the box gingerly. We all crowded around him, curious to see what he had received. It was a small flask.

"That's it?" Frank asked, puzzled. He wasn't the only one.

"A flask," I stated plainly.

"What use is this?" Scorpius asked.

"And why did they send it to James, of all people?" Molly added quickly, "Not to offend you or anything. Who is it, anyway?

James hastily tucked the flask away in his bag. "No idea. Doesn't matter. Thanks to whoever sent it, anyway."

Everyone else shrugged and turned their heads to the sky. But I saw Hermione give James a quick anxious glance. He waved her away.

The face of Ashley Page appeared in the sky. Lily shook her head sadly, "Her poor brother."

And then Ariana Jackson. Only two tributes today.

~

"Breakfast!" Lily yelled in my ear.

"Ow," I cried grumpily, "You could've just prodded me."

"I know."

Breakfast today consisted of some apple slices, bread, and water.

"What's on the agenda, today?" I asked James.

"Not much, we've got plenty of food and weapons, some protection. We could head out for a bit," James answered.