Chapter 30: Lily

"HELP!"

I whirled around to face Albus, "That was Colin!"

We ran like the world was crumbling beneath our feet. There was another scream and Ginny panted, "Hermione!" Red sparks showered the air again, as if begging us to come. Flashes of blue and green. I found myself pleading in my mind desperately, Please. Please don't let it be any of them. Not Colin, not Hermione, and please, not James.

We kept running. They were too far. My lungs felt as if they were going to burst. Just when I was about to collapse, we got there. Hugo, Ginny, and I doubled over on the ground, panting heavily. Scorpius and Albus, although already tired from all that running, jumped right into fray. They brandished their weapons menacingly since Colin, Hermione, and James had the wands and the rest had been taken.

Scorpius clashed swords that sounded a metallic clang with Kevin Jacobs. Scorpius was overpowering him. Albus, on the other hand, wasn't doing as well. He slashed, stabbed, and threw his daggers with strength and accuracy, but couldn't hit his target, Isabelle Gray. She was both dancing around, dodging his attacks, and was protectively thrusting Theresa Branchild behind her.

I strung my bow, having finally caught my breath. Squinting at my target, I released the arrow. Theresa Gray shrieked.

"Let's move! Go, go, go!" Hugo yelled, his voice cracking with panic. He ran to go assist Albus. Ginny jumped into battle, backing up Hermione and James in their struggle against Goyle.

I looked around and saw Scorpius finally bested by Kevin Jacobs. He closed in on him for the kill.

Then, without even realizing I was doing it until the words flew out my mouth, "Kevin! Your brother wouldn't want you to do this!"

Those words were enough. He stopped what he was doing and turned around as if he'd been stabbed. He opened his mouth, pointing his wand at me.

"Avada—"

A thick tree branch fell, crushing him beneath it. I heard a boom of a cannon. I looked up and saw Colin climbing the trees and causing thick branches to explode and drop. He grinned sheepishly at me. I smiled back.

And then the grin faded, replaced by shock. The branch he was holding on to blew up and he began to fall.

I quickly pointed my wand at him, "Aresto Momentum!"

"Are you okay?" I asked him while he lay on the ground.

"Just perfect," he answered breathlessly.

"GINNY!" Hermione yelled. As Goyle yelled, "Sectumsempra!"

I turned in time to see Ginny collapse to the ground, bleeding heavily. James and Hermione abandoned their duels and ran to her. Hugo was already there, kneeling next to Ginny, muttering, "It's going to be okay."

"Over here, quickly!" James shouted. Scorpius, Colin, Albus, Hugo, and I ran I them, with Goyle, Gray, and Theresa coming after us.

"GO, GO NOW! COME ON!" James's voice portrayed real fear now.

"Take my hand!" Hermione yelled, extending her arm out to me, "Everyone hold on! We're Apparating!"

I replied with with voice laced in fear and panic, "But you don't know how to App—"

The world became one blur, my stomach churned, and wind tore at my hair wildly. I saw a silver glint fly at us in what seemed like slow motion. Hands grabbed me and pulled as the knife flew straight at my heart.