Chapter 23: Albus

"HELP!" Someone screamed, "ALBUS! PLEASE HELP! HELP! ALBUS! JAMES! ANYONE!"

"ALBUS! HELP!" A new voice called.

"LILY! JAMES!" I shouted, "I'M COMING!"

They appeared before me, looking perfectly okay.

I sighed in relief, "Thank goodness-"

"Avada Kedavra!"

"Avada Kedavra!"

Jets of green light cane out of nowhere, hitting James and Lily squarely in the backs. They crumpled to the ground.

I screamed, "NOOO! DON'T DIE! JAMES, LILY! I NEED YOU!"

"Albus-"

"Stop-"

"Albus!

"NOOO-"

I bolted upright, panting, and flailed my arms like a maniac.

"OW! Albus! What's wrong with you?"

I rubbed my eyes, "Wha-"

James was rubbing his forehead where I hit him in annoyance, "What's up with you? You looked like you were-" His annoyance turned to concern when he looked at me. "Are you okay? You're crying."

I brushed them away, "I'm fine. Just... A nightmare."

James looked like he didn't believe me but didn't say much more on it, "It's your turn to watch with Molly."

"What time is it?"

He checked his watch. "A little later than midnight."

He secured himself next to Hermione and fell asleep.

"So," Molly said in attempt to make coversation, "What did you bring? Lily brought that book, James brought his watch. What about you?"

I pulled a golden coin out of my pocket.

Molly looked at it in confusion, "A Galleon? Why?"

"It's not just any Galleon, it's my dad's from the DA."

"Oh, I've heard of that. My dad wasn't around," she simply said.

"Do you know why Scorpius saved you?" I decided to change the subject.

She shook her head, "No idea."

I nudged her elbow, "Maybe he likes you."

Molly laughed, "That's hilarious! He's three years younger than me and there's no way his family would allow it! You know, his dad called my dad 'Peter Weasley' once! Oh, he was infuriated!"

"In all seriousness, though. Why do you think he saved you?" I asked.

"I don't know," she shrugged, "Maybe he's just different. His dad's side were all in Slytherin and his mum was Ravenclaw. And he's Hufflepuff."

"Maybe it's the Games," I said, "The Games change people."

She nodded in agreement.

~

The first rays of sun were rising. The others were still fast asleep.

"Should we wake them?" Molly asked.

"Let them sleep a little but more," I said, "We'll work on breakfast."

Breakfast in the Hogwarts Games was nothing like breakfast in the Great Hall. For one, there was no grand breakfast buffet laid out on huge long tables. And there was no leisure of picking whatever we wanted to eat to our heart's desire. We had to ration the food, so the only thing we got to eat was one hunk of bread and cheese each.