Chapter 36: Lily

Hermione's face appeared into the sky that night. Her kind eyes projected into the stars starred down at me, as if saying I may be dead, but you've still got to eat your vegetables if you want to grow big and strong and no one will be able to beat you.

You're a liar, Hermione, I thought, You grew big and strong but you were still beat.

I leaned against the tree trunk and closed my eyes. Crickets chirped softly into the crisp, cool night. Soon, the sounds faded away into nothing.

And then Hermione's arms were around me, whispering into my hair, "You are brilliant." And Molly was playing a game of hopscotch with Lucy, "Come on, Lily!" And Colin raced me up a hill with a picnic basket. "What took you so long?" he asked. The smell of smoke filled my nostrils. I heard to sound of crackling. "Colin?" I said, suddenly scared.

Hermione, Molly, Lucy, and Colin disappeared. I was back in the Forbidden Forest. The sound of crackling grew louder, the smell of smoke grew stronger. "Lily, let's go," I heard someone say.

I was shaken awake by Ginny. I say up groggily, "Huh? Ginny? What's wrong?"

She had a crazed, panicked look on her face, "I'll tell you what's wrong! That!" She pointed overhead.

Heavy, thick black smoke trailed into the sky. "What? A bonfire?"

"NO! Look!" A huge orange dragon rose out of the trees. No... It wasn't orange... It was made of fire!

"Fiendfyre!" I screamed.

"Quickly! It's coming our way!" Albus yelled. "Lily!"

"Go, go, go!" James shouted.

We ran the opposite direction of the Fiendfyre as fast as we could. "Other direction!" James suddenly yelled, "It's coming this way too!"

"James!" Albus suddenly cried, "Where are Scorpius, Ginny, and Hugo?"

I looked around in a panicked frenzy. He was right. They weren't with us anymore. It was just James, Albus, and I. We'd lost them.

"Do you think they're okay?" I shouted over the racket.

"I'm sure they're fine," Albus answered, but I could tell he was worried about them.

"What about us?" James said, "It's surrounded us!"

Fiendfyre came from all directions, heading towards us. We were trapped. It was over.